• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    ..........................................You and i dont see a problem with it. But many people do. Just look anywhere on the internet and you will find people having a fit because someone is wearing even the smallest thing that looks service related.

Let them have all the damn fit they want. Who gives a shit what they think?

ETA: I've still got a field jacket that mustered out with me in 1973! I like it!
    Guns International

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Anyone that thinks you have no right to wear it is probably just jealous that you earned it. I grew up wearing a hand-me-down Eisenhower jacket or a field jacket from my Pop, a top seargent by the way. I still have the Ike jacket. It was his in the '50s.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    ACU bottoms are tactical sweat pants. I'd rather wear those then blue jeans for fishing or hunting. Comfy stuff.

The blouse is what sucks.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    You and i dont see a problem with it. But many people do. Just look anywhere on the internet and you will find people having a fit because someone is wearing even the smallest thing that looks service related.

My brother gave me a field jacket decades ago, and I wear it proudly. We don't have the same last name, but I lost him almost 20 years ago, and wear it to remember him. I've had some ask me where I served. I always reply "in my dad's house." He was a former drill sergeant, and I left home to get out of the military. I tell anyone who asks why I wear it, and its always positive. But then, I stay the hell out of Austin.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    They look it. That's the good material. Rip Stop is really nice and light.

I was looking around for a bit even though they are a bit on the pricey side I think the 100 bucks for 2 pair is going to be worth it. I hated winters too. I would just stick to the summers. Down side to the summers after so many washes you start to see the lines in the material

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I remember numbering the tops and bottoms. I'd write on them with a sharpie. One set was #1. ....#2...

That way, when I washed them. They both matched in fade. No new top on old bottoms. It'd take a lot to fade the rip stop. If you want to keep them nice, get them dry cleaned. A place that does nice shirts but not ta-50.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    I remember numbering the tops and bottoms. I'd write on them with a sharpie. One set was #1. ....#2...

That way, when I washed them. They both matched in fade. No new top on old bottoms. It'd take a lot to fade the rip stop. If you want to keep them nice, get them dry cleaned. A place that does nice shirts but not ta-50.

Good idea.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    My favorite article of clothing. BDU summer bottoms cut to shorts. Cut about 1/4" below the thigh pockets.

I'd be genuinely OK if they buried me in a pair.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    If you really want people to know you are a vet, when they give you any grief about wearing cammo, tell 'em to go **** themselves! :D

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    The original question went off topic, I know I can wear cammo anytime I want. My question was more about would it be ok for keeping my last unit and name tape on it.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Not a big deal... I'm sure it's obvious that you're not pretending to be active duty.

I wore my BDU shirts for a little while after ETS, but it didn't take too many seasons for them to not fit anymore :laughing:

You didn't have to mention that. My cap doesn't even fit anymore.

ArmyZach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua
    Today I wore a pair of green wool socks issued to me in 1987. Still had my last initial + last 4 of SSN on them.
    Nobody called me out for "stolen valor"!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    You didn't have to mention that. My cap doesn't even fit anymore.

LOL, that's what I was thinking about Dan's comment too. Not so much the cap, but I managed to "out grow" my field jacket (now, that's saying something!).

Sent from my Apple thang using Tapatalk

Top Bottom