• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yesterday was the 35th anniversary of my arrival at Basic Training. If anything from that time would still fit, it'd be nothing less than a miracle!

By the way, when I went to basic, we were still wearing the OD green fatigues! :O
    Venture Surplus ad

boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)
    A guy I used to work with had a picture of himself as a hard charging young Marine on his credenza. 30 years later his statement was that "he ate that guy".

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

dustoffjoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    I personally don't wear the top because I didn't find it comfortable, however I hunt in my Multicam pants pretty much year round. No one has ever approached me with an issue about it.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    The media made a big deal last week when Kim Kardashian wore camo shorts and a croptop. They said it was the "New summer fashion look".

Hell, I think it has always looked much better on our servicemen and women.
    Of course, if Kim does it, it has to be correct!!
    Whenever I wear anything that is remotely related to military attire, I wear it with respect. My feelings are, let those who served decide.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I think it comes down to this. Are you in uniform? If you are a vet you know what that means. If the answer is no then it's just a piece of clothing. A guy was wearing a cam shirt standing in line in front of me at the BBQ joint last Thursday. I suspect he was a welder. He obviously was not in uniform so I assumed he got them at the good will store. But it's not any of my business anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Military surplus clothing has long been fashionable and popular, and as long as the person wearing it doesn't try to pass themselves off as being in the military or a vet when it's not true, I have no problems with it.
    In fact, in certain cases I strongly support it! :cowboy:

b61e6720e5be0ec49fbe47d7aff0af23.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I think it comes down to this. Are you in uniform? If you are a vet you know what that means. If the answer is no then it's just a piece of clothing. A guy was wearing a cam shirt standing in line in front of me at the BBQ joint last Thursday. I suspect he was a welder. He obviously was not in uniform so I assumed he got them at the good will store. But it's not any of my business anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sometimes those items are gifts. I left home to get out of the military (my dad was a drill instructor, and they forgot to tell him his time was up), and didn't serve.

I have / had items from my brother, who was a lifer in the Navy, and also from my cousin and brother in law who both served in the Air Force. Those were special to me since they were gifts. Even more now that my brother has passed. I wear them sometimes, with no apologies, and with great pride.

Top Bottom