• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    What is a weird food combination that you enjoy, or a weird food in general that you enjoy, that most other folks don't?

For me, my long time answer is nacho cheese doritos used to scoop up and eat a mix of canned tuna and black olives. That's it. Not a "tuna salad" laden with mayo (I hate mayo) or dressing (not a dressing fan either) - just those three things.

Now I'm adding a new one to the mix - inspired by a food I found out about on YouTube (yep...) - its albacore (white) tuna, mixed with garbanzo beans, kidney beans, and black beans, with minced garlic, and crushed Manzanilla (green) olives (stuffed with pimento or hot pepper, of course) - again, no need for dressing or sauce. I threw it all in a skillet and heated it up - I plan on trying it cold tomorrow. It was teriffic stuff - I went back for a 2nd helping after finishing the first. I didn't eat this mix with chips - just put it in a bowl and used a fork.
    Guns International

Riksors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2019
    Georgetown
    Pork blood stew.

I only eat it when I know who prepared it.

IMG_3430.jpeg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    What is a weird food combination that you enjoy, or a weird food in general that you enjoy, that most other folks don't?

For me, my long time answer is nacho cheese doritos used to scoop up and eat a mix of canned tuna and black olives. That's it. Not a "tuna salad" laden with mayo (I hate mayo) or dressing (not a dressing fan either) - just those three things.

Now I'm adding a new one to the mix - inspired by a food I found out about on YouTube (yep...) - its albacore (white) tuna, mixed with garbanzo beans, kidney beans, and black beans, with minced garlic, and crushed Manzanilla (green) olives (stuffed with pimento or hot pepper, of course) - again, no need for dressing or sauce. I threw it all in a skillet and heated it up - I plan on trying it cold tomorrow. It was teriffic stuff - I went back for a 2nd helping after finishing the first. I didn't eat this mix with chips - just put it in a bowl and used a fork.
    You must not like being around people do you? Are you olfactory challenged? That sounds like it might, just a slight chance, smell better than kimchi.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Limburger cheese sandwich, either grilled or not grilled.
    When I was an apprentice meat cutter I had to run the lunchmeat deli & gourmet cheese counter. The company always wanted samples out & often is was a food trough for the free shit army. I'd smear Limburger on party rye & watch people grab a couple & shove them in their mouth the gag around the store.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I can't resist the temptation to go off-topic by citing someone I saw. I went on exactly one date in high school with a girl who really put me off with one dish. She hit the salad bar at Pizza Hut and filled her bowl with croutons. Then she dug deep into the black olives until she was getting more juice than olives and saturated the croutons with that stuff. Back at the table, she swirled and mashed them together until it was kind of a grey slop.

She really loved that "salad."

I nearly puked.

jwales

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2020
    DFW
    Don't think this is too uncommon, but it turns grosses my family out - grab a Jar of PB & box of Animal Crackers or Nilla Wafers, park it in the easy chair...then holler for a glass of water just before I choke. :-)

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I can't resist the temptation to go off-topic by citing someone I saw. I went on exactly one date in high school with a girl who really put me off with one dish. She hit the salad bar at Pizza Hut and filled her bowl with croutons. Then she dug deep into the black olives until she was getting more juice than olives and saturated the croutons with that stuff. Back at the table, she swirled and mashed them together until it was kind of a grey slop.

She really loved that "salad."

I nearly puked.
    Okay, but it might tend to Make a young man wonder if She were equally as bizarre in an, ahem, more intimate setting?
    Not that I recommend Or condone such things...

Top Bottom