• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    It may not count as food but I get a lot of flak for this one. I keep a case around for SHTF snacks. Delicious!
    My dad was a huge fan of those even going back to when they were in jars. It was common for him to get snowed in at work & he them stash there & at home. He liked them so much he kept some up stairs in the lazy Susan & in the basement with the emergency food stash

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Haggis. I love haggis. A nice, traditional Scottish delicacy. On the flipside, I tried black pudding once - and only once. No thanks, I'll stick to the haggis.

People freak out when they look at what's in haggis but...those same people think nothing of eating an Oscar Mayer hotdog. At least all the ingredients in haggis are identifiable.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The other day in the store I noticed a slice of souse. I almost bough it, my cholesterol sucks. I pictured me & the dawg eating it off saltines. All though it's been a very long time I'll eat potted meat on saltines too. I don't even try to hide it under pickle relish & mayonnaise.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Thanks to my dad, I consider Underwood Deviled Ham sandwiches (on toast) to be an absolute treat. I've recently discovered that if you mix it with ranch dressing rather than the more traditional mayonnaise, it's even better on a sandwich. I never developed his love of Vienna sausages though.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Thanks to my dad, I consider Underwood Deviled Ham sandwiches (on toast) to be an absolute treat. I've recently discovered that if you mix it with ranch dressing rather than the more traditional mayonnaise, it's even better on a sandwich. I never developed his love of Vienna sausages though.
    Mayonnaise is the Mis-step.
    Miracle Whip, and you are golden.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I had a 'flat hot dog' meat sandwich aka balony with a couple of slices of cotto salami with about half a chopped up onion and some kinda new to me (ever so hot) avocado sauce poured on it for breakfast, but to make it healthier, I ate a big apple 45 minutes later...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    DFW
    IIRC, they are not wrapped in corn husks, but something like those brown gas station men's room paper towels.

they are some type of butcher paper, kinda like old school MRE inner wraps. You dont eat it, just like you wouldnt eat the corn version. Just there to provide form and steam-ability.

Reactions: gll

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

Attachments

• 0b0251b458af26fb11e3804112d9f876.jpg
      0b0251b458af26fb11e3804112d9f876.jpg
      280.5 KB · Views: 27

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    If your family was poor from Poland as mine was you would know real food, tongue as per mowing man, sweetbreads, liver, heart, lung, kidney, even chicken feet. Can't say I like all of it but it was standard diet growing up. Best now is smoked beef tongue.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Of livers, I like chicken the most, but most of the organ meats I enjoy.

Trouble is: I don't have a source for chicken liver I trust.

One of the best dishes at a good Japanese is Bacon Wrapped 'Rumaki' (chicken liver).

Hell, I just ate and the thought of 'Rumaki' makes me hungry...

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Of livers, I like chicken the most, but most of the organ meats I enjoy.

Trouble is: I don't have a source for chicken liver I trust.

One of the best dishes at a good Japanese is Bacon Wrapped 'Rumaki' (chicken liver).

Hell, I just ate and the thought of 'Rumaki' makes me hungry...
    I agree. Chicken Box in Wichita Falls, Korean food plus great chicken, livers, gizzards, and Korean dishes. We order smoked tongues from back east. Can't find beef tongue in stores.

Top Bottom