• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I have not given BassPro a single nickle up to this point in time.... Not one RED Cent!
    Good on ya.
    I wouldn't, either.
    In fact, I would contact them and tell them that, due to depreciation, you expect the price to decrease by 2% per day until you get it. I am guessing at two months, they'd make something happen.
    Texas SOT

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Uh, they can legally release your gun after 3 business days without a proceed.

Exactly. It’s what the law says. (I’ve made this point before).

There is no obligation on the part of the FFL to recover a firearm that exceeds the three day NICS approval.

Now what different companies/corporations elect to make “company policy” is just that: company policy. It is not the law.

I won’t argue the “liability” question as that is completely subjective and would only be settled by a court/jury decision. A well known fact of civil law is that you can sue anybody, anytime, over anything. Doesn’t mean you’ll win...in fact, a counter suit could cost you dearly. Plus, I suspect most, if not all FFLs carry liability insurance (even the big boys).

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I am absolutely no fan of BassPro - at all. What I'm hoping happens is my LTC comes back and I find equal/better deal at another FFL. Then they can put that P226 MK25 back under the glass or stick it some where that rhymes with glass....

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    So that didn't happen either huh? OK... so I went back and read more of the article. It was 2 months after the release of the gun based on the 3 day default proceed that the Charleston Church shooting took place. What the article didn't say - is weather the FFL ever received a denied or proceed response from the NICS. Bullshit by omission huh?
    Just a friendly jab at a statement that can put blame on everything but the guy who committed the act and encourage gun control.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Remember bass pro was against selling MSRs and self defense handguns till Remington put camo on one. They were dragged kicking n screaming into the market. Zumbo Fudd bullshit. Why anyone spends any money there is beyond me.

IMHO.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Scheels is getting my money
    Closest one to me is ~4 hours one way. I understand the disgust with BassPro, and now Cabela’s as well. I also understand the distaste for anything Dicks has to offer. So... in the Houston area that leaves what? Piss poor customer service plus elevated prices offered by Carters Country? The few decent dealers on the north/west side of Houston that struggle to have any type of inventory? So that leaves Academy and??? Fishing gear I’m intimately familiar with. I have no problem making large dollar orders on line. I know what I’m buying. Firearms... not so much. And for the most part on line dealers are no different than their brick and mortar counterparts - No Inventory. At this point in time, with my limited knowledge, I want/need to hold in my hand that which I’m interested in purchasing. Soooo... that leaves me very few options to consider.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Closest one to me is ~4 hours one way. I understand the disgust with BassPro, and now Cabela’s as well. I also understand the distaste for anything Dicks has to offer. So... in the Houston area that leaves what? Piss poor customer service plus elevated prices offered by Carters Country? The few decent dealers on the north/west side of Houston that struggle to have any type of inventory? So that leaves Academy and??? Fishing gear I’m intimately familiar with. I have no problem making large dollar orders on line. I know what I’m buying. Firearms... not so much. And for the most part on line dealers are no different than their brick and mortar counterparts - No Inventory. At this point in time, with my limited knowledge, I want/need to hold in my hand that which I’m interested in purchasing. Soooo... that leaves me very few options to consider.
    Come to one of the TGT meet ups. Plenty of folks with more gun variety than you can shake a stick at. Best way to get your hands on as many different platforms and pick the one that suits you best. You’ll meet some pretty decent people as well ;)

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Come to one of the TGT meet ups. Plenty of folks with more gun variety than you can shake a stick at. Best way to get your hands on as many different platforms and pick the one that suits you best. You’ll meet some pretty decent people as well ;)
    And the next one would be when?

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I take folks out to PSC in Friendswood every so often too.

But yes, our gun dealer choices here aren't great. My local Academy stores have always been good to me but their gun prices are a bit higher.

Carter's Country is frustrating across the board though I did have a good experience there the last time I went in and bought some magazines on sale. Usually they can't be bothered to give me the time of day.

Otherwise we have some small LGS spread around and as you said, a lot of them have little inventory.

I buy most of my guns used, online or both.

Oldbluered

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    I've never bought any guns from Cabelas/bass pro, so can't say anything about their process. I have bought a couple from Academy (1 last weekend), 1 from Walmart (a month ago) and online while shipping to CenTex gunworks as my FFL. Always get out within an hour, unless there is a long line in front of me.

I'd go handle whatever guns in store, look for them online and determine if the price online (with shipping and transfer fee) beats the in-store price. If so order online and ship to FFL, if not buy it there.

I feel for you on having to wait so long and hope you get it sorted out soon or find a better deal somewhere else.

Top Bottom