• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Just wanted to see if any of you all got to experience the madness at the gun show at the GRB today?

We arrived fashionably late, with our noses in the atmosphere, very above it all since we were some of the few not interested in purchasing anything and panicked like it was the last shopping day before Christmas and we had not gotten mom anything...............(being broke will do that, LOL) but wanted the entertainment value.

Nicely surprised to see the free market system at work in all it's glory. Prices on NIB Colt AR has jumped another $1K since last weekend's Pasadena show. P-Mags have stagnated at $50, darn shame I had expected at least $75 by now. Lots of eager noob buyers taking up space in front of the tables. They don't seem to have the proper gun show Etiquette to let us seasoned vets get full views of everything that may or may not interest us as we floated around. Please folks, it's like riding in a limo, act like you have done it before even if you have not.

Glad to see that it's now easy to figure out prices on ammunition. $1 each is so much easier to figure out box and case prices instead of something stupid like 0.40 each, that requires math and I usually don't have time for such things.

Glad to know all the vendors got the same memo about the sky falling, what a bitch Feinstein is, and it's criminals committing crimes not law abiding citizens. Their talking points were all in unison.

Did sell that Luger to a fellow, and happy with the trade+cash. My uncle should be happy with his profit from it. Trade netted the SO a gun made of wood and blued steel, so she is happy.

AKs get to be included in this panic, just not as front page as the poster child, more fuel for the old debate. Is a $1,400+ AK better than a $1,900 off brand AR???? What should I do???

Love those $500 AR lowers..............remind me to PM those TGT members that I sold a few to earlier this year and ask for another payment or so on those.

Glad to see prices on .22 copies of military rifles have not started to skyrocket yet. Saw a NIB .22lr copy of a M1 Carbine herself liked for not a bad price. Really want to shoot one of those STG44 .22's.

Don't understand the fellow that had the Ruger Gunsite Scout rifles priced at $1,800+ each, a few of the online guys still have them listed at $800+/-, but sold out. Is this really the time to try to gouge that much on a bolt action rifle? Does anyone think that will be in the next phase of gun legislation? Don't know he might be on to something.................

Understand Allen of AJC sports in Katy may have to temporary shut the store down due to lack of inventory and inability to get any guns to sell. WOW, just WOW.

Lady from 10-ring had a Century C93 with 2 30 round mags she was trying to sell for <$800 at her table, can't believe she still had it close to 1:00 pm. Did not see it later. Those folks are starting to ration primers, damn it....................

Looked for and did not see a single Tokorov in the entire show, might have broke down and bought it if the price had be reasonable. Yeah I know that counters my original statement but she wants one.

Watched a poor guy tote a very heavy .50 BMG bolt action rifle around the show. Think it was an ArmaLite, he wanted $15,000 (yeah, fifteen thousand dollars) and was getting a lot of tire kickers and not many offers. That beast look like a load to haul around. (SO real glad she's got her own .50 BMG locked away after hearing the price.)

Saw the cop at the door put a plastic tie strap on a stripped AR lower, really dude????

Buddy bought a CAR length barrel,gas tube, handguards, gas block, hider, etc. for $200, might have been the deal of the day.

Liked the fact that there were a lot of women at the show today, and some nice eye candy, as sometimes it's pretty much a sausage fest at these things.

Had a great meal at China Garden around the corner and headed home.

Not a bad day.

Anybody else go, or plan on going Sunday???
    Texas SOT

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Wow, can't wait for the SAXET show here in SA next weekend, I expect the same level of stupidity but have no plans to hand over any money until such time as this pandemonium is over!

I am still surprised that AJC Sports is out of stock, they are usually one of the largest (if not THE largest) vendors at this show and I have bought numerous firearms from them.

I am curious as to the .22lr copy of the M1 Carbine, have seen GSG's STG44 in .22LR and suspect they are a hoot to shoot if you can find any ammo for them. They're still overpriced at $450-500 but if they come down to reasonable levels I would consider picking one up. One can hope.

Cheers! M2

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Please folks, it's like riding in a limo, act like you have done it before even if you have not.

Anybody else go, or plan on going Sunday???
    LMFAO! Enjoyed the read - in fact so much now I don't HAVE to go Sunday.

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    Yep, my bro and I went and experienced the madness. We went looking for an FN S.C.A.R. and maybe an FN FS2000. I've been to every High Caliber gun show in Houston this month and boy was today different. First of all the line to get in was ridiculous:

View attachment 17383

When I go to the gunshow, I typically get there around 9 and leave before 10 as I get what I need and leave before it gets too crowded but not today.

Prices also jumped through the roof:

FN S.C.A.R. $4500 today, $2600-3000 2 weeks ago
    FN FS2000 $3000 today, $1700-2000 2 weeks ago
    AR-15 stripped lowers $400 today, $100-150 2 weeks ago
    FN PS90 $3000 today, $1400-$1500 2 weeks ago
    AK-47 $1200 today, $500-600 2 weeks ago
    Colt AR-15 LE model $2000 today, $1300 2 weeks ago
    AK-47 75 round drum magazine $300 today, $80 2 weeks ago
    Glock 33 round magazines $100 today, $35 2 weeks ago

I also saw numerous other "assault weapons" with significantly increased prices at anywhere from a few hundred to a thousand dollars more.

After seeing this, I told my bro that today is a bust and that supply and demand has kicked in and that we should wait for the hysteria blow over and then prices should go down. We simply weren't going to pay $4,500 for a S.C.A.R. I did however get an EOTech that wasn't overpriced that will fit nicely on my $2,000 Colt LE AR-15 which I bought for $1,400 last year at Jim Pruett's or the Steyr AUG that I bough for $1,900 three weeks ago at the Reliant gun show that probably costs $4,000 today.

Absolute madness today!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    If these panic stricken people would put the same effort into writing their Congressmen (or voting, for that matter), things wouldn't have to be like this.

mgh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Iola/College Station, Texas
    If these panic stricken people would put the same effort into writing their Congressmen (or voting, for that matter), things wouldn't have to be like this.
    That's what I did yesterday was contact our goverment officals, it still didn't make me feel any better. I feel no matter how clear it is presented that baning guns will not stop AZZ HATS from commiting crimes with weapons is never going to sink into their closed minds.

At least I'm still making an effort...

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    If the government announced "We are considering banning the production of Corvettes in January 2013", the price of Corvettes currently for sale would quadruple. We would all understand why.

If Coca-Cola announced that they were considering stopping the production of Coke effective next month. The price of Coca-Cola would skyrocket and we would understand why.

Yet when the same thing happens in the gun industry, gun owners who didn't have the foresight to buy what they needed when prices were historically low scream and cry about "price gouging" and people being "douche bags".

Its almost comedic to watch the wailing and crying....not about possible legislation, but about what Joe Blow wants for his AR.

Why werent these people buying over the last 3 years when gun prices were (when adjusted for inflation) at all time lows?

Help me understand this anti free market mind set.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Why werent these people buying over the last 3 years when gun prices were (when adjusted for inflation) at all time lows?

What about the ones who were buying for the last several years, and just want to pick up the regular run of the mill stuff like nothing was going on? I understand the whole supply and demand concept, but I also understand people using current events to price gouge across the board. I was at the Ft Worth show and saw some tables selling items that are not in danger of being restricted for well over MSRP.

One of the magazine tables that is often at the show had raised their pricing to $80 for a pistol magazine, including several that held 8 - 10 rounds. And I heard the guy telling people that all of the ones he had would likely be outlawed. I hope he makes enough money off the latest scare to retire on, because I won't ever do business with him again.

And I did hear a guy trying to sell a Bushmaster. I heard a dealer ask how much he was asking and the guy responded $2,700.00. Must have included a bunch of ammo and a gun safe for that price.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I wonder if the Russian SKSs I bought for $60-$65 back in the day (I paid a little below market even back then because I always asked for the ones with missing bayonets) could bring me a profit at the next show close to me? :-)

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    What about the ones who were buying for the last several years, and just want to pick up the regular run of the mill stuff like nothing was going on? I understand the whole supply and demand concept, but I also understand people using current events to price gouge across the board. I was at the Ft Worth show and saw some tables selling items that are not in danger of being restricted for well over MSRP.

One of the magazine tables that is often at the show had raised their pricing to $80 for a pistol magazine, including several that held 8 - 10 rounds. And I heard the guy telling people that all of the ones he had would likely be outlawed. I hope he makes enough money off the latest scare to retire on, because I won't ever do business with him again.

And I did hear a guy trying to sell a Bushmaster. I heard a dealer ask how much he was asking and the guy responded $2,700.00. Must have included a bunch of ammo and a gun safe for that price.

That's the beauty of a free market...you are free to not buy it if you think its overpriced. You are free to never do business there again as well. If you don't agree with a free market economic system there are many countries that have price controlled economies. Cuba, China, North Korea, just pick one. As others have stated, you don't NEED to buy gun stuff....when folks are selling water after a disaster for $20 gallon, come talk to me about gouging. Because you can't get gun products at yesterday's prices anymore isn't going to make anyone lose any sleep. They aren't exploiting a tragedy. They are preparing for possible bad legislation. Huge difference.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    If the government announced "We are considering banning the production of Corvettes in January 2013", the price of Corvettes currently for sale would quadruple. We would all understand why.

If Coca-Cola announced that they were considering stopping the production of Coke effective next month. The price of Coca-Cola would skyrocket and we would understand why.

Yet when the same thing happens in the gun industry, gun owners who didn't have the foresight to buy what they needed when prices were historically low scream and cry about "price gouging" and people being "douche bags".

Its almost comedic to watch the wailing and crying....not about possible legislation, but about what Joe Blow wants for his AR.

This.

It's not price gouging when nobody can even keep the stuff in stock. If shelves are bare and prices are high, guess what kids? The system is self-correcting.

5 Screw Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Atascosa Co.
    It amuses me that people whine about firearms costs rising sharply in light of potential enormously restrictive gun control measures talked about from US Senators, US members of The House of Representatives, and especially the POTUS and VP. If restrictive legislation isn't passed there's always the President's magic wand, executive order.

Not only is this happening at the federal level but it's also happening at the state level as well. A number of states' law makers are considering implementing some sort of gun control measures.

Those who keep up remember Clinton's Crime Bill and how manufacturers were clever enough to manufacture evil "assault weapons" in light of the restrictions. Well this time any ban will be permanent and civilians will never have the chance to buy that evil looking black rifle, or related high capacity magazines, at any cost. So if you aren't prepared for this to happen then you can either buy one, live without one, or whine and complain.

The firearms market, especially those resembling military style arms and accessories, are susceptible to fluctuation like other markets including money markets and housing markets. What do you think drives the stock market? People's perceptions of the state of things.

How did many people react when they were overextended in the housing market when it crashed in 2008 and lost about half of their home's value? The military style firearms market is just as susceptible to fluctuation as any other risky market. Everyone should have known that eventually this would happen. The mass killing this past summer in Colorado should have been a wake up call for gun owners; but for some apparently it wasn't. The dice has been rolled.

Last edited:

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I was gonna go with my 3 gun cart and sell 4-5 rifles and couple lowers, mags and ammo but didnt think it would be right making my 20 month old stand outside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom