angie is that you
    Hurley's Gold

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    According to articles, Obama played golf on his birthday. I see a lot of golf...no mention of skeet. Which you would think if only a couple months until the election the dude would be shouting it from the mountain tops and putting pics everywhere in order to get votes.

Obama turns 51; plays golf, will go to Camp David - DailyHerald.com

Obama Birthday Weekend: President Celebrates 51st With Golf Game, Break From 2012 Campaign

Obama's 51st birthday: Golf, Camp David
    obama-walkingx-large.jpg

President Obama goes golfing on birthday - Los Angeles Times
    Later in the day, the president was to fly to Camp David for a quiet weekend in the pine forests of the Catoctin Mountains. He was to have dinner with First Lady Michelle Obama, who is back in the U.S. after a trip to London for the opening ceremonies of the Olympics.
    His daughters, Malia and Sasha, are away at summer camp.

Obama spends his 51st birthday on the golf course | Reuters
    Obama, an avid golfer, played with colleagues and friends at the Andrews Air Force Base in hot, muggy weather conditions before taking Marine One to Maryland's Catoctin Mountains in the afternoon.
    The White House did not release details of the president's evening plans or share the menu for the birthday meal he was expected to share with wife, Michelle.

Their daughters were at summer camp this week and it was not clear whether they would be present at the rustic getaway that the Obamas have visited less than past White House residents. The president often opts to golf at Andrews or play basketball in downtown Washington to unwind on the weekends.

Birthday boy played a round of golf in the morning, wife home after international trip, no kids for the weekend

And he went skeet shooting. Uhuh. :rolleyes:

Also his watch is different

Leaving Andrews/golf - watch is grey
    71606375.jpg

"Shooting skeet" - watch is white face
    Obama-skeet-shooting-White-House-releases-photo-of-president-firing-a-gun.jpg

Could he have changed watches? Possibly.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2012/08/president_obama_official_sched_970.html

His official schedule for the day:
    [h=1]President Obama official schedule and guidance, Aug. 4, 5, 2012. Camp David[/h] By Lynn Sweet on August 4, 2012 8:35 AM | No Comments

THE WHITE HOUSE
    Office of the Press Secretary
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    August 3, 2012

WEEKEND GUIDANCE AND PRESS SCHEDULE FOR
    SATURDAY, AUGUST 4, 2012 AND SUNDAY, AUGUST 5, 2012

On Saturday, the President will travel to Camp David where he will remain overnight. The President's departure is TBD.

On Sunday, the President will return to the White House. The arrival on the South Lawn will be open press.

Saturday's In-Town Travel Pool
    Wires: AP, Reuters, Bloomberg
    Wire Photos: AP, Reuters, AFP
    TV Corr & Crew: CBS
    Print: USA Today
    Radio: AP

Sunday's In-Town Travel Pool
    Wires: AP, Reuters, Bloomberg
    Wire Photos: AP, Reuters, AFP
    TV Corr & Crew: CNN
    Print: Wall Street Journal
    Radio: AURN

Saturday, August 4, 2012

EDT

7:30AM Pool Call Time

Sunday, August 5, 2012

EDT

1:00PM Pool Call Time

TBD THE PRESIDENT arrives the White House
    South Lawn
    Open Press (Final Gather TBD - North Doors of the Palm Room)

Schedule for the Week of August 6, 2012:

On Monday, the President will sign the Honoring America's Veterans and Caring for Camp Lejeune Families Act at a signing ceremony in the Oval Office. Later on Monday, the President will travel to Stamford and Westport, Connecticut for campaign events.

On Tuesday, the President will attend meetings at the White House.

On Wednesday, the President will travel to Denver and Grand Junction, Colorado for campaign events.

On Thursday, the President will travel to Pueblo and Colorado Springs, Colorado for campaign events.

On Friday, the President will attend meetings at the White House.

###

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    So I'm in DC right now. Tonight I met an old friend from high school who has been in the Navy for several years now and works in the area. We went out for drinks and, long story short, he confirmed, with absolute certainty, that the photo is real. The President really was on the skeet range with Marine competition shooters, and he really did fire the shotgun...at an actual flying clay target. The "choke" on the upper barrel is not a choke, it's the wad emerging from the barrel. The President apparently shot skeet from a distance that did not really require the use of chokes. My friend couldn't confirm how many times the President has shot skeet.

Sorry to ruin the fun. But it is good to know.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    So I'm in DC right now. Tonight I met an old friend from high school who has been in the Navy for several years now and works in the area. We went out for drinks and, long story short, he confirmed, with absolute certainty, that the photo is real. The President really was on the skeet range with Marine competition shooters, and he really did fire the shotgun...at an actual flying clay target. The "choke" on the upper barrel is not a choke, it's the wad emerging from the barrel. The President apparently shot skeet from a distance that did not really require the use of chokes. My friend couldn't confirm how many times the President has shot skeet.

Ain't buying it. Too much missing from the picture.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI

In that case, can someone please explain to me how the smoke from the powder gets out ahead of the wad!!!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    In that case, can someone please explain to me how the smoke from the powder gets out ahead of the wad!!!

Some will, but the amount of smoke suggests otherwise. Ditto with the amount of blur on the shotgun itself - too much movement from recoil for the shot charge to still be in the barrel.

The lighting in the pic looks like an overcast day. He doesn't have any direct light on him. You'd need one hell of a camera to catch a wad coming out of the barrel in overcast lighting.

No. The picture isn't of Obama shooting skeet.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Let's clarify what we're talking about here. This is skeet.

That is what a skeet field looks like. Where Obama is standing in that photo is obviously NOT a skeet field. He doesn't have ammunition for a round of skeet. He doesn't have a stance that would allow him to even attempt a round of skeet because he can't swing the shotgun. The angle he's firing the shotgun is far too low for a round of skeet. If he were to stand closer, he'd have to raise the shotgun higher, no matter if it's skeet (there is no "standing closer" in skeet - stations are stations as far as I know), trap, etc. because the angles increase (including swing speed) as you get closer to an aerial target.

Obama is not shooting skeet in that photo, period.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Maybe they just set it on a small stand 10 feet away so he could hit it, lol.

Of course that would be shooting a clay, not skeet shooting.

Top Bottom