Venture Surplus ad

What beer is in your fridge and what charcoal/wood do you grill/smoke with?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I buy whatever charcoal is on sale... but without the starter fluid soaked in because you can never completely burn that away. This time it was Kingsford in a double-package special at Walmart.

I use starter fluid but I don't let it sit and soak in for very long. I buy whatever is the cheapest starting fluid (per ounce) I can find. The last three bottles I bought were also a Walmart special.

I use a charcoal starter. 91% rubbing alcohol is $1.50. No gas smell or taste to the meat. One bottle will last me a month or more.

White gas cost too much.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    There's a 6 pack of Revolver Blood and Honey and a couple Ziggen's in there.
    There is also remnants of a long lost 6 pack of prickly pear cactus mead a bud and I brewed 10 years ago.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Lol, if you drink 10 year old beer....you're gonna see pink elephants riding mini bikes, on a wicked half pipe.

Makes me want to try some, lol

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm too lazy to hold a blow torch or fill and empty a chimney. I'd rather sit on my fat ass and drink cold beer.
    I hear ya. One time when it was raining and all my wood was wet and taking too long to light I propped the torch up on a stump with the tip in the vent holes of the fire box so I didn't have to stand there and hold it. Work smarter, not harder ;)

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I got you all beat. I have a wife that starts the fires for grilling. Now granted they are pricey and sometimes temperamental to work with, but when they work it's great.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Shiner, Alamo, and a new one for me called Legion. It was given to me last week at my reunion.
    03d90bd09b8735d9a60f1eaa80444fba.jpg

Last edited:

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Guinness in the fridge

Packer brisket thawing ($1.97/lb last weekend) for the kiddos birthday

Temple daily telegram/kindling tipi, peach/apple/cherry wood chips, then peach wood logs for pork butt/ribs/loin or apple wood logs for brisket

kosmostx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2014
    Southern Star Bombshell Blonde and Real Ale Fireman's #4 for daily drinking, a couple varieties of St. Arnold's Divine Reserves, some Karbach Sympathy and some Lone Star Light.

Harder stuff is Rebecca Creek, Tito's and somehow 4 bottles of Balvenie Portwood 21yo from back when it was cheap(er).

Like Mexican Hippie said, the Royal Oak Lump works as good as anything else in the Egg, and the price is right. I'm planning on doing a brisket and a butt with it this weekend.

Brian Boru

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2014
    Texas
    Shiner Bock, and Fat Tire.

When I cook outside I like doing it over an open fire on the ground. I use any wood around, Hackberry included. I have the most of it. :p

Top Bottom