Gun Zone Deals

What beer is in your fridge and what charcoal/wood do you grill/smoke with?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Miller Lite, Shiner Bock beers.

Kingsford or Royal Oak briquettes with mesquite chips/chunks soaked in water. Those charcoal chimneys work great and no charcoal lighter to buy or smell.
    Venture Surplus ad

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    This weeks update: 15 keystones, 2 lone stars, 1 coors, 1 miller, 8 bud light and 5 Guinness tall boys. Not proud of this but a girl left 3 bud light limes in my fridge.

Im using kingsford charcoal and hickory chunks for the pit. Still drying out mesquite and scrub oak. It's very green and needs about 6 more months to dry out nicely.

Lucas Mccain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2012
    Trophy Club Texas
    In my XL Green Egg it's only Ozark Oak lump and seasoned Hickory and oak chunks for smoke. For my Weber 22.5 kettle I use Kingsford, but I don't use this grill much unless I have a lot of people over and I need an extra grill for my sides like beans, corn, etc.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Got some Blue Moon in the fridge, never keep a stockpile since I don't drink often. When I do, it's preferably an ale of some sort.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Shiner: Prickly Pear, Ruby Redbird, a few Bock and Kosmo's Reserve, possibly one last White Wing.

Grill is propane; I grill 4-5 nights a week so it's convenient and perfectly controllable, just not the best for that smokey flavor.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I got more keystones but I burned all my hickory chips and charcoal. I'll get some fresh bags before this weekend. I need my wife to have friends over that'll drink this shit ass lime beer or I'll chunk it in a week.

tx_transplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Greenville, TX
    In the fridge, have some Jester King, Lakewood Temptress, a few from Four Corners, and a couple Prairie. The coat closet is a whole other story :cool:. For the grill (Egg) I've been using lump charcoal I pick up at Atwoods. Works great for me.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Not a lot of love for Rahr & Sons I see. I've got a variety of beer in my beer fridge.

View attachment 34705
    Been want'in to try their beers - what style is that one?

Google is my friend - I got off my lazy ass and looked it up:
    Beers ? Revolver Brewing

I don't like wheat beers so I'll pass but will look for their seasonal stout when they make some.

I don't care for the Blood & Honey either. They do have a Revolver Bock that isn't bad though.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Bud-Light, & Shiner in the fridge. Kingsford charcoal w/mesquite on the grill. Pecan wood if I can get a hold of it.

james.long48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2015
    Franconia, Heineken and the wife always keeps a supply of Dos XX's, Sam's double bag of Kingsford and working on a truck load of Pecan I bought a while back. Just thinking about beer and BBQ makes me wish I was back home.

AKmik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    Royal oak lump charcoal in the egg, and Newcastle, or Shiner (no yuengling that I can find yet).

Anytime the egg is lit and cooking there are a few hunks of , alder (smuggled from the motherland), hickory, or pecan smoking as well.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    AKmik;1350243(no yuengling that I can find yet). [/QUOTE said:
    I dont think you can get yuengling in Texas. Where I lived that stuff was dirt cheap I still like it though.
    I have bud light Gas grill that I supplement with soaked mesquite or hickory chips

Top Bottom