Venture Surplus ad

What caliber is your “Primary” EDC firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is your primary .”Every day Carry” caliber?

• 45 acp

Votes: 20 21.3%
    • 40 sw

Votes: 5 5.3%
    • 9mm

Votes: 51 54.3%
    • 38 sp

Votes: 5 5.3%
    • 357 mag

Votes: 2 2.1%
    • 380 acp

Votes: 6 6.4%
    • 10 mm

Votes: 3 3.2%
    • Other

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

XLR8R

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2023
    Paris
    .25 ACP - Raven pistols are so good I carry them eight at a time. That way once I've confused an assailant by shooting him with a few .25 caliber rounds, I can injure him by throwing the pistol at his head...and that still leaves me able to have seven follow-ups if necessary.
    .25ACP is no Peace Maker - if someone shot me with one, I'd probably be mad enough to take it away and beat them with it until they learned to respect physics.
    ARJ Defense ad

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    .25ACP is no Peace Maker - if someone shot me with one, I'd probably be mad enough to take it away and beat them with it until they learned to respect physics.

I almost got shot with one. Helping my idiot former sister move, and she had a Raven .25 under her mattress. She tried to clear it, failed, then pointed it at the mattress and pulled the trigger. The ricochet almost hit me before bouncing off the wall. The mattress picked up a slight scuff.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    I voted 9mm as my "every day" as most days I'm here in my small town. I carry .40S&W when I go to the "city", which is usually Fort Worth to hit big box stores and whatnot.

I'm fully prepared for the roast when I admit that I do not own one pistol in .45. I turn 45 this year though, and in turn will purchase my second 1911 to memorialize the milestone (my only 1911 is not in God's caliber, it's in .40S&W :laughing:; P938 doesn't really count in my book, plus it's 9mm ;)).

LynnKCicle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2022
    Houston, Texas
    I was wondering, what is the caliber for your primary Every Day Carry firearm.

Why did you choose this caliber, was it for the size of the platform or the effectiveness of the round?
    I carried a .45 1911 until the beginning of 2019. .45 ammunition prices were skyrocketing while 9mm was still relatively cheap then. Good 9mm defensive ammunition was practically as effective as .45. I therefore sold my 8+1 round .45 1911 and replaced it with an 18+1 9mm from Remington. It has been the easiest to shoot and most accurate handgun I have ever owned, and has eagerly eaten every brand or type of ammunition I have fed it without one single failure to fire, eject, or go properly into battery. It is a pity these are no longer available.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Depends…

Walking the dog or riding the bike, 32 ACP in a Keltec. Generally a 38 in a SW 460 or 36. Sometimes 357 in the 460 or sometimes in something heavier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    My most carried gun is a .45, but lately I’ve been carrying a .38 the most. To me the caliber isn’t really a deciding factor though.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I was wondering, what is the caliber for your primary Every Day Carry firearm.

Why did you choose this caliber, was it for the size of the platform or the effectiveness of the round?
    <>

I was a .45ACP guy for decades, and still keep several.

Reasons for changing to 9mmPB:

Hand & wrist arthritis.

Wife.

Commonality of mags; many guns can use the G19 15 round mags.

Availability of ammo.

Note: I still carry .45 when out in wilderness.

leVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    My most carried gun is a .45, but lately I’ve been carrying a .38 the most. To me the caliber isn’t really a deciding factor though.
    <>

AMEN !

The most important features of any carry gun are comfort of carry & instant availability !

A J-frame in hand is beter than a G21 back in the truck.

Once you get “caught” unarmed, you’ll never forget this ! If you survive !

leVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

It is reasonable to carry in mind of what is most likely to happen. It is not possible to carry everything.

Our EDC cannot protect us from every possibility.

A while back I got to speak with one survivor of a New Orleans mass street shooting (21 hit, one died; single shooter). Guy said that he was crossing a famous street on foot; all of a sudden, multiple loud bangs and folks falling, screaming. He couldn’t tell where the shots originated, nor how many shooters. Guy. just hit the ground, everything went over him, he was unhurt but filthy w/ street dirt. He was carrying, but had no chance to ID shooter, didn’t even draw.

I say: Avoid N O altogether, just don’t go !

Like with Mexican Border towns.

leVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I voted for “9mm” and in one of my rotational Glocks for EDC. In a few months, I’m carrying .357 Sig and .40. I love those rounds.
    <>
    It may be reasonable to EDC a different chambering than that used for WTSHTF.

In today’s World, we all should have guns in .22LR, 5.56, 9mPB, 12GA, and .308 cal., for defense in crises. If Kalashnikov Guys, that too.
    <>

Top Bottom