APOD Firearms

What caliber of ammo are you seeing in the store these days?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Went shopping at Wally World today. Was in there doing grocery shopping and happened to wander by the ammo on my way to pick up some incense on that side of the store. Saw about 14 boxes of 22 LR - four boxes of Winchester 100 rds, three boxes of Winchester 333 rds, three of federal Champion 325 rds and four boxes of CCI Blazer 525 rds. Two of the Blazer followed me home @ $26.97 each before taxes or just a tiny bit over 5 cents per round. They had very little else, of course no solely pistol ammo, no other rifle ammo, and some shotgun shells but not much of those. I was surprised to see that much 22 LR. Someone else bought the other two boxes of Blazer right after me.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Academy had a pile of Sig 10mm on the shelf yesterday morning and today Bass Pro had a fair amount of Herter’s 10mm.

Otherwise it’s Fudd gun ammo and shotgun shells.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    45acp
    8mm mauser
    35 whelen
    25-06
    17hmr
    .22short
    .22mag
    .44mag
    A bunch of other oddball rifle rounds that I can't remember.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited:

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Visited 3 stores on a road trip. Only 300WinMag and 7mm in rifle caliber any of those places. Shotgun shells are about the only thing sitting at the moment.

tallyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Colorado
    I invested in reloading equipment and numerous dies over the past 30 years. I am set up for all of the calibers I shoot. Still can use some empty 444 Marlin brass.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Went shopping at Wally World today. Was in there doing grocery shopping and happened to wander by the ammo on my way to pick up some incense on that side of the store. Saw about 14 boxes of 22 LR - four boxes of Winchester 100 rds, three boxes of Winchester 333 rds, three of federal Champion 325 rds and four boxes of CCI Blazer 525 rds. Two of the Blazer followed me home @ $26.97 each before taxes or just a tiny bit over 5 cents per round. They had very little else, of course no solely pistol ammo, no other rifle ammo, and some shotgun shells but not much of those. I was surprised to see that much 22 LR. Someone else bought the other two boxes of Blazer right after me.
    Why walk off and leave 2 boxes of CCI Blazer on the shelf at 5 cents per round ?

justashooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Got curious of which, mainly handgun, calibers aren't selling so hot right now.

Not counting hunting rifle or shotshells or madhouse rush on common caliber delivery day, What are you folks seeing out there?

Oddly enough I'm seeing a fair amount of .44Magnum and .41 Magnum.
    I have gotten everything I need on line from Sportsman's Guide or Midway. Even if it is not instock I tell them to let me know when it is, i get an email and make the buy. It sure beats wasting my gas and time checking a bunch of stores.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    I have gotten everything I need on line from Sportsman's Guide or Midway. Even if it is not instock I tell them to let me know when it is, i get an email and make the buy. It sure beats wasting my gas and time checking a bunch of stores.
    I shop around and I often take the drive to Academy Sports since it is on the way to the dog park or on my way home. I used to get ammo online for less expensive prices. Where I get better prices today seems to have changed. Academy Sports seems to have the better prices in many, if not all, cases. For example, today I picked up a few boxes of 410 bore shells, a box of 243, and three boxes of SIG 10MM FMJ brass cased ammo. Don't know about the 410 or 243 but the SIG 10 mm ammo was less expensive than the very recent Prime membership price at Target Sports USA which was $32.19 per box - shipping included. Today I got a better price and I also got the first responder discount from A.S. and that took $2.80 off of the $27.99 price on each box, so was out the door at Academy with each box for $25.19. That made it well worth getting it there.

I do not even have any of those calibers but am buying some of those that I do not have because during the last couple of buying frenzies, I found it a good idea to have some that others might want in trade for what they had that I wanted. Then again, if I find a 410 bore shotgun that catches my fancy, I'll keep that ammo. Have been looking around for awhile now for an older wood/steel version.

That thing about email notification you mentioned is great. I am signed up for many notifications at Target Sports USA. Have to be quick once they send the mail to say something is in stock, it all goes fast.

Top Bottom