Texas SOT

What caliber of ammo are you seeing in the store these days?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Why walk off and leave 2 boxes of CCI Blazer on the shelf at 5 cents per round ?
    Because I realized the other guy wanted them. Today I did likewise at Academy. A guy took three boxes of 410 bore and left 5 remaining. I grabbed all 5. He made it to he end of the aisle turned around and came back, saw there was no more, started to leave and I asked if he was looking for another box of it and he said he had hoped for one more. I handed him one of the ones I had picked up and he thanked me with a big smile on his face.
    Lynx Defense

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Because I realized the other guy wanted them. Today I did likewise at Academy. A guy took three boxes of 410 bore and left 5 remaining. I grabbed all 5. He made it to he end of the aisle turned around and came back, saw there was no more, started to leave and I asked if he was looking for another box of it and he said he had hoped for one more. I handed him one of the ones I had picked up and he thanked me with a big smile on his face.
    I was just kidding you and you did the right thing.

My son-in-law was at Walmart the other day and there was one 325 round box of Federal .22 lr on the shelf for about $17 (about 5 cents a round). He called me and asked if I wanted it and I said, "sure get it quick" ! And I just kind of kept wondering why the last guy that bought .22 lr at Walmart left that one box on the shelf ? Thought that was kind of funny.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Last Friday I made it to Academy at opening to get my 3 boxes of 9mm from customer service ($0.27/round ouch). Went to the back and there was a horde picking over ammo put out.

A guy was sizing up a sizable amount of .22 LR on the shelf but first asked everyone there if they wanted any because he was getting ready to snag the rest. Gave everybody who wanted some their fair chance and even offered me another brand he had grabbed. I thanked him, grabbed 1,000 rounds and left. Caught up to him at check out and he said he had just gotten his first .22 and had been trying to find ammo forever.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Walked by the ammo aisle in a Houston academy they had 7mm-08 and 300 win mag. Probably should have snagged some of the 7mm.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I understand how some of y'all out there are buying whatever you can. However, buying ammo strictly to horse trade later is a double edged sword that only keeps prices inflated for everyone. For everyone doing that, there could be someone with the same idea buying all that 9mm, 22 ammo or 357 mag ammo you need. It's a dangerous game to play.

I realize there's a lot of uncertainty out there but think of how many foreign ammo companies are also dealing with covid and are probably loading up the boats as we speak. Fiocchi, S&B, Wolf, PPU and so many others. There's not a world wide ammo frenzy, just one here. They are all looking to profit too and will even more if everyone panic buys ammo for guns they don't even have.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Went to Nagel’s in San Antonio today.
    They had ammo. At absolutely asinine prices.
    $50 for a 50rd box of 9mm.
    $60 for 50rd of .357.
    I shit on the floor when then goddam pirates said $125 for a 500rd box of 22lr. I walked out.
    Fvck those guys.
    I stop by there occasionally if I'm in the area. I've yet to buy anything. I like the knife selection.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I understand how some of y'all out there are buying whatever you can. However, buying ammo strictly to horse trade later is a double edged sword that only keeps prices inflated for everyone. For everyone doing that, there could be someone with the same idea buying all that 9mm, 22 ammo or 357 mag ammo you need. It's a dangerous game to play.

I realize there's a lot of uncertainty out there but think of how many foreign ammo companies are also dealing with covid and are probably loading up the boats as we speak. Fiocchi, S&B, Wolf, PPU and so many others. There's not a world wide ammo frenzy, just one here. They are all looking to profit too and will even more if everyone panic buys ammo for guns they don't even have.
    You are correct that buying random ammo to horse trade is a bad thing.

Don't know anyone who is doing that personally.

I wish I had bought more 7mm-08 because I'm taking my son on a hunt in January and he needs more trigger time.
    I have several boxes but..... Let's just say he needs more trigger time.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well if you're ever in N Austin, I can help out a lil'. I have 3 open boxes of ammo but got out of that caliber a few years ago. Happy to trade for almost anything gun related. I have 12 rds Hornady superformance sst 139gr, 7 rds Hornady 139gr interlock sp and 10 rds of 139gr sst reloads. Not much but something he could burn up.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    $60 for 50rd of .357.
    I shit on the floor when then goddam pirates said $125 for a 500rd box of 22lr. I walked out.
    Fvck those guys.
    In '13, I bought a Remington bucket of bullets at Nagel's for $135 plus tax and was glad to find it. Now, $125 for a brick of 22? Nah.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    In '13, I bought a Remington bucket of bullets at Nagel's for $135 plus tax and was glad to find it. Now, $125 for a brick of 22? Nah.

Yep.
    They were selling the heck out of centerfire ammo tho.
    I go in there only because its close to where I visit family while in S.A. I never buy anything tho.
    Well I take that back. I did buy a knife in there once.
    They've been overpriced for decades.
    If this panic goes on I may start selling some ammo myself. Arrrrrrrr!

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    $60 for 50rd of .357.
    Fvck those guys.
    That’s one way to stop the scalpers.

Top Bottom