• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prisondoc

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2020
    Converse TX
    It definitely would be a deterrent if they got put to death right after being convicted, sentenced and leaving the courthouse.

7e147f5c70f3db15f0bf0e7752051065.png

Crime committed in 1986, sentenced in 1990. A perfect example of Sam’s comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Funny story and I think I posted about this when it happened. I get moved to Texas and looking at my forwarded mail. I see Linn county in Oregon sent me a jury notice far far faaar after it’s been established with the Oregon dmv I moved, turned in my chl, and being a Texas resident. So some time passed. I call the guy...so I can’t attend. Oh why? I’m a Texas resident lol. Conversation goes from there and I’m getting no answers as to why this type of glitch happens.
    Better make sure the dems aren’t harnessing your vote in Oregon. You might very well have voted for the current resident at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave and not even know it

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Crime committed in 1986, sentenced in 1990. A perfect example of Sam’s comments.

I totally agree. Perfect example of what he and I were referring to. They get tried and sentenced, but spend decades filing appeals to at best, either get a life sentence or a possibly a new trial.

Pure bullshit! Personally, I think they should have a year maximum to file appeals, and then the sentence is carried out. If there are any discrepancies that took place during the trial, IMO I don't see how that they couldn't be found within a year's time.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I think prison should be about incarceration and punishment. Rehabilitation should be the responsibility of the felon, and not society's problem or concern. The felon is the one that broke the law and ended up in prison.

Here's a sad fact though, and maybe part of that blame falls on our shoulders as well. I can't recall the exact number, or percentage of repeat offenders that end right back in prison, but it's a lot. Lot's time we as society shun felons that are trying to re-enter society, by not allowing them a second chance. I think that when they are left with no options on the table, that many do turn back to crime to support themselves. That isn't an excuse, but I think maybe at least a reason. At least in prison, they have a roof, a cot and three meals a day. Might be more than they get on the outside.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

Exactly. Dude probably had a better life than most of us dads. Crappy sandwiches, tv, sleep in...I remember some days after a long day at work, my family is taken care of but what does dad get!? Spaghettios!!! And no action! Well...the action a guy would want. I’m sure that inmate got action but not the kind I want.

Dude should have been shot asap. That’s tax payer money that could be spend on good causes. Keeping people like that alive isn’t a good cause.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I think prison should be about incarceration and punishment. Rehabilitation should be the responsibility of the felon, and not society's problem or concern. The felon is the one that broke the law and ended up in prison.

Here's a sad fact though, and maybe part of that blame falls on our shoulders as well. I can't recall the exact number, or percentage of repeat offenders that end right back in prison, but it's a lot. Lot's time we as society shun felons that are trying to re-enter society, by not allowing them a second chance. I think that when they are left with no options on the table, that many do turn back to crime to support themselves. That isn't an excuse, but I think maybe at least a reason. At least in prison, they have a roof, a cot and three meals a day. Might be more than they get on the outside.
    If the crime is bad enough I say just save time and money and kill em asap. I don’t get worried about punishment in prison. That would cost money and I wouldn’t like knowing it costed a lot. The eye opening answer is just remove them. From the earth.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    It is in the rise and more and more novice gun owners are armed. Most gun owners only say what cannot be done to reduce gun violence. I say it is time we begin talking about what can be done to try to prevent these shootings. I am not talking about repealing 2A.

What are practical ideas that might save lives.

One idea I have is to try people for manslaughter if they failed to control access to their guns and someone in their household, or a guest got hold of one and shot someone, even accidentally. Especially if the shooter or shootee was a child. No excuse for that to happen in my book.

****' that noise. What you're talking about is already unconstitutional - that was part of DC V. Heller - because what you're suggesting is mandatory "safe storage". What another person chooses to do - especially when that person chooses to steal something and engage in murder or attempted murder - is entirely on them. We don't need elevated charges just because a child was involved either - murder is wrong. Attempted murder is wrong.

Accidents also happen - they're tragic - but they're accidents, not criminal incidents.

If you want to prevent gun violence - lock away murderers for life. Lock away violent offenders without parole or probation for a minimum of twenty years. 2nd time violent offender? Life without parole. Start prosecuting low-level offenses and hand out real consequences so the young offenders might realize the error of their ways and chose not to return to prison.

End the stupid war on drugs - at least for cannabis, cocaine, and opioids. Meth and similar can remain illegal.

Remove DA discretion to drop charges when there is actual evidence of a crime presented by the police, no more dropped charges because a DA is a softie. No more plea deals either - take shit to trial and let the judge or jury do their jobs and determine guilt or innocence of the accused.

End policies that encourage criminals to continue their criminal careers. No more catch & release law enforcement. No more personal recog releases - those arrested post bond, or sit in jail until they get their trial. You skip bond once - you are *never* eligible to be bonded out again, ever and if you're arrested again, you'll sit in jail until your trial is over.

24/7 Court - police work round the clock - the courts should too. Then no more excuse about courts being overwhelmed. Yes - that means more $$ - but everything costs money and the solution to the problem will cost money regardless.

Make prison unpleasant. Joe Arpaio had a good idea - striped uniforms, pink underwear, dyed green cheap food, tent cities vs air conditioned brick jails with TV. No more libraries, no more television, no more internet/computer access. No more tax-payer funded higher education for inmates. The only educational programs they should get access to would be something akin to a trade school - where they can learn a valuable skill while working in the prison to help pay for their upkeep - be it old school license plate making, metal fabrication, auto repair - the inmates could be helping to maintain county/city vehicles under a shop supervisor, they could be fabbing up guard rails, highway signs, park benches - whatever - so that they have a skill they can turn to when they're out, instead of continuing down a criminal path that could lead to violence.

Mental health care needs addressed as well - too many nuts out there without nut-wranglers. There are almost always signs before someone goes off the rails and tries killing people.

If you want to mandate charges and dictate responsibility - hold judges, prosecutors, doctors, and police administrators responsible when someone who *should* have been arrested/charged/housed in prison but was not, either thru ineptitude or inaction - hurts or kills someone. Great example - Kim Ogg ordering the release of a violent felon and the return of his firearm - and that violent felon then murdering a police officer. She should be facing charges for malpractice, negligent homicide, and official misconduct - but she's not. Another example would be the Parkland shooter - whom the police and FBI had multiple contacts / tips about - and whom nothing substantive was done about even after he'd shown himself to be violent. Everyone and the various agencies responsible who knew and did nothing should be held accountable. When they're held accountable like that, you'll see the woke lefty bullshit evaporate faster than brake cleaner on a hot day.

When you hold public officials accountable for doing the jobs they're hired or elected to do, when you stop coddling offenders, and stop blaming the law abiding citizens and our God given rights for the criminal actions of others - you might see a drastic reduction in all violence, not just "gun violence"

Hold those who commit crimes accountable for their actions - not people who themselves wound up being victimized in the chain of events leading to a shooting. Its one thing to charge someone who knowingly provides a firearm to someone they know or suspect of planning a violent act, or is prone to violent behavior, or who is a prohibited person - but to try and charge a person who has a firearm taken from them without their knowledge or permission? No, that won't fly.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I had never heard of a "Griefer", but I've seen that kind of behavior in a lot of different communities.

It happens often with volunteers in charity work. A gung-ho individual rises through the ranks, gains inside info along the way, gets upset because they are not in-charge and does everything they can, using inside information, to destroy anything and everything they can. They cause havoc, make public accusations, & destroy reputations with zero regard for the original intent of the charity or the good things achieved by that organization.
    Then, they just walk away.

Griefer. I'll have to remember that.
    Yep, they are sociopaths

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Haha, the person who started this thread was banned shortly afterward, but over the last few hours this thread has had more mileage on it than most others during the same time frame. Am I the only one who sees the irony here? Good read but kind of gave me a chuckle.

Actually that has happened a few times here on the forum. The OP starts a sort of controversial thread, flames out on the other members because they see things differently, OP gets banned and we have a great discussion without the drama and theatrics of the OP! I do see the irony you speak of though, and yes, it's good for a laugh or two at the expense of the OP.
    Good SLOW HANGIN'!
    Mark, I do understand where you are coming from. Human nature and the need for revenge, many of us feel that the convicted should suffer for the crimes they committed against others. I too even feel that way at times. That is an emotional response, and one I think is completely normal to feel.

But in civilized society, if we are going to use the death penalty, and use it as means of punishment, it has to be humane IMO. Quick, painless as possible and done. No drama, and no theatrics involved. Rationally, no amount of suffering done to the convicted is going to change what they have already done. IMO, it needs to be done quickly and efficiently as possible with no muss and fuss. Then move on.
    If the crime is bad enough I say just save time and money and kill em asap. I don’t get worried about punishment in prison. That would cost money and I wouldn’t like knowing it costed a lot. The eye opening answer is just remove them. From the earth.

I think we only differ on minor issues, but we are on pretty much the same page with our thoughts on this. A death sentence would be different than someone just convicted of a crime, that at some point will be released back into society. Through due process of the law, they have now been deprived of their rights and are incarcerated. That is the punishment. Too many bleeding heart liberals felt like inmates were being deprived of too much from the outside. That is why now, many inmates enjoy the same things as many of us do, and they are in prison.

In my view of how a prison should work is very similar to the way they use to work. Inmates get their three meals a day, their cot, and roof over their head. But they work doing a job that supports the prison, or the community in some way from sun-up to sun-down. No TV, no radio, no internet, no luxuries. None of that. If they wanted those things, then they should not have broken the law and then they could have those things.IMO, most penal systems have gotten too soft, and I put the blame on the bleeding heart liberals. I say make prison an adventure they don't want to go on again once they are released. And a sentence should be served to it's duration. Ten year sentence means an inmate serves ten years. That simple.

OldCurlyWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Tulia
    It is in the rise and more and more novice gun owners are armed. Most gun owners only say what cannot be done to reduce gun violence. I say it is time we begin talking about what can be done to try to prevent these shootings. I am not talking about repealing 2A.

What are practical ideas that might save lives.

One idea I have is to try people for manslaughter if they failed to control access to their guns and someone in their household, or a guest got hold of one and shot someone, even accidentally. Especially if the shooter or shootee was a child. No excuse for that to happen in my book.
    Quit using the term Gun Violence. An inanimate object cannot commit violence.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Gosh dang it. Oh boy...here I go:

I say abolish all laws related to firearms.

Establish laws that punish those who seek out to commit a crime, heavily.

The problem with laws that try to hold someone accountable for “allowing access” to a firearm is it’s a feel good law that takes the attention away from the criminal.

We need people control. Here’s ideas that would benefit society:

1, Make politicians pay based on the average income that is their voters.

2, If a politician is caught investing into special interests then they hang at noon.

2, if a politician votes for any law that contradicts our rights in anyway they hang at noon.

3, Now this is a bold one...please hear me out...drug dealers and users should be placed on a fish and game program that allows folks to buy tags for crackheads.

4, allow the death penalty for more crimes. Include the death penalty for some some traffic offenses.

5, round up all illegals and send them back.

6, use funds that get wasted on welfare to put people back into the work force by offering work training and certification so they can walk into job sites. If they fail a pee test for hard drugs only; death penalty.

Just following these would get our country cleaned up.
    Death for traffic offense? Vehicular manslaughter is not a traffic offense and death for less seems extreme to me as does death for drug use... I get that you might be espousing radical positions to get your point across, however extreme positions tend to hurt the chances of getting real laws passed. (gives the libtards talking points)

Top Bottom