Gun Zone Deals

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Ran 1100 9mm cases through the sizing die, primed 200 of them. Ordered 500 .224 Hornady 55 gr. FMJ-BT and 500 Hornady 9mm 124 gr. XTP-HP.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    You should really look into the HST. It's far superior to the XTP. I used to swear by the XTP but after I saw the difference I switched all my 9mm defense loads over.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2018
    US
    I looked it up. I used federal premium bullets years ago but had problems with their hunting bullets coming apart in elk. Kind of soured me on Federal bullets then. Switched to Hornady and have never looked back. Admittedly, I've never tried their defensive pistol bullets, but was not at all impressed with their rifle stuff. Guess I'll have to get some HST rounds to try.

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    Reloaded some 6.5Cm

I can’t seem to find any of the popular powders, so I made up some tests to with H414

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I looked it up. I used federal premium bullets years ago but had problems with their hunting bullets coming apart in elk. Kind of soured me on Federal bullets then. Switched to Hornady and have never looked back. Admittedly, I've never tried their defensive pistol bullets, but was not at all impressed with their rifle stuff. Guess I'll have to get some HST rounds to try.

Before I bought my wife the 380 I looked up what would be the best rounds to load for her. I found this guy on YouTube and he did a whole slew of ammo tests through ballistic gel. I the. Saw he did the same with 9mm. This video is the one that sold me. I immediately ordered the HSTs after watching this.

I ordered them from American reloading. I personally use the 124gr pulls BUT make sure you weigh them. Out of 500 bullets I had 5x 147gr and 8x 130gr. I think the 130s may have been ok in my load but the 147s surely would have sucked.... If they don't have them in stock wait a week. They come and go. Sometimes they will have the 124 and 147 mix. They usually go for 45-50$ shipped.

I talked to my wife about the Ruger RPR but I think it takes all the fun out of building the rifle. Instead she said to get another AR. Well, today I told her I could get a parts kit plus a Ruger American. After a little talking she gave me the green light.

I'm looking at the American preditor in (ehm ehm) .243creedmoor. anyone ever shot this caliber? Or loaded it?

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I disassembled, cleaned, and lubed my 550 today. Smooth as butter now. Also made a new large primer magazine tube for it.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Sorted a shoebox worth of brass. Half-assed cleaned my bench. Neck sized, trimmed and cleaned some 6.5 Creedmoor. Time to find out what my rifle likes.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Just loaded 100 38 wadcutters. Probably load some more in a bit. Kind of a pain, you have to go slow because those tall skinny cases wobble around too much.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Just loaded 100 38 wadcutters. Probably load some more in a bit. Kind of a pain, you have to go slow because those tall skinny cases wobble around too much.
    Make sure to put a good crimp on them. With the tiny amount of powder they use, I've read it needs a healthy crimp to build up pressure for consistency and accuracy.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Make sure to put a good crimp on them. With the tiny amount of powder they use, I've read it needs a healthy crimp to build up pressure for consistency and accuracy.
    That's why I trim .38 cases. Consistent crimps for consistent velocities with low charge weights.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I bought an unloader. I couldn't decide between the 6mm creedmoor and the 7mm-08. So, I split the difference and went with the .264creedmoor. I guess I drank the cool-aid.

I guess now I gotta get mustache wax and a shooting fedora?

Top Bottom