What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Vibratory cleaned several batches.
    Neck sized a big batch for grins. Bent the mandrel on my collet die. Ordered a new mandrel, and a factory refurbished O block press for good measure.
    Just finished chamfering the batch of neck sized brass.
    Ready to start a marathon priming session.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    What did I do? Same as usual. Shop on Grafs and put a shopping list together.

My first order of business is to pickup an Inline Fabrication quick change mount to mount my vise to my bench. This will do double duty for a press when I finally get one.

I've been collecting brass for a while now. Thinking maybe I ought to sort it and see how much I have.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Those cat litter tubs work great. I have several of those for various calibers. Seem to hold about 7K 9mm. Much less of 223.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Trading my creedmoor back to Ruger for a 7-08. Anyone here need some creedmoor brass?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    20180801_163741.jpg
    100 more verminators

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2018
    US
    Picked up 500 more 55 gr. VMAX bullets and 100 70gr. GMX bullets. Guess I'll be loading more 5.56 soon.
    Also did a complete trigger job on my Sub2000. Fun carbine to shoot but the trigger sucked REAL BAD! Put all the MCARBO upgrades in and what a difference it makes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    45ball.jpg

Some 230 ball from an RCBS mold. I really like that chrome paint at the top.

185swc.jpg

I was on eBay the other day and some guy had posted this four cavity Saeco 451 mold, with handles, for $60 Buy It Now and free shipping. Since the handle are $49 and the four cavity molds are running $182 I jumped on it. First pour was today. Everything I had been able to dig up about this mold said it was a clone of the Lyman 452460. That would make it a 200 gr SWC and I have a fondness for that particular bullet weight and size. When the mold arrived the other day I took a look at it and the first thought was it's not 452460 clone, second thought was it looked a bit small for a 200 gr. Well it's actually a 185 gr SWC, which is great because I had been wanting a 185 gr SWC bullet mold. The bullets drop like rain from this mold and I can't wait to get some loaded and shoot them.

1559mm.jpg

This bad boy is the NOE 155 gr for the 9mm. The top bullets are the flat point, bottom are the cup point. The deeper hollow point pins were driving me nuts. I couldn't get them to seat in the mold right. That's a project for another day. This is another one I need to get loaded so I can shoot it. Should be an awesome bullet in my Ruger carbine.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I started trimming more 223 brass yesterday and cleaned up the garage a little. Going to do some more this evening and try to finish sh this 800 rounds this weekend.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Well I had a mishap trimming 223 brass this weekend that lead to 2 instant blisters which immediately tore off. I was using the world's cheapest trimmer and I think I must have had a bead of sweat drip on my hand or wiped my forehead. Either way, I was on a roll but had a piece of brass catch and then spin in my hand. This was the result. Gonna hurt for a few days but I'll be fine. Might be a week before I can stand to trim anymore though.

Lesson, be careful. Still a great trimmer for the money though.

Also, got a used 7-08 world's finest trimmer on it's way from a guy in California. Also picked up a handful of brass for it.
    bdbe5f9ef332e210c6ee834de25d51fc.jpg

Top Bottom