Guns International

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Some day I’m gonna order a die set and start loading them. Figured I aughta go ahead and clean them up so they’ll be ready.

Seems to be a finicky round to load from what I’ve read though. Narrow charge range, limited bullets selection, and pretty high pressure. Not for the faint of heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    The funny part was how I was thinking "gee these seem really hard. Maybe that's why I didn't size them after I cast them. I should probably just-" BOOM! And then the handle fell off... Knocked the bullet catcher off the top of the press. Knocked over the little bucket of bullets I had been working on previously before I started on those ones. Bullets everywhere. Lots of noise. Family all alseep... I'm surprised I didn't wake everyone up.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Those guys are cute. What the heck are they?

Saturday and sunday I primed 1350 223 brass with the hand primer, sized and deprimed 500 or so more 380s, sorted 1500 or so large and small 45 brass, then sized about 1200 or so 9mm bullets.

I was doing good until I found another small baggie of 9mm bullets I had powder coated but for some reason set aside and never primed. Well it turned out they were way too big and took way too much force on the press arm. After doing 3 (and Midway through the 4th) I decided to scrap them. Mid stroke the damn arm broke off the press again. The lee challenger had 2 sides of the linkage and last time it broke I just switched it to the other side. Now that side is broke and I haven't even ordered the parts from the first time it broke! I honestly was more worried the aluminum frame would break first.

After that I just sorted some other brass and stuff. I also took the time to rebuild 2 carriers for the pro1000 and my auto disk since I didn't have anything else I could work on. I've got several things to send back to Lee now. I can order 1 of the linkage halves for free and pay for the second plus shipping but I think it'll be cheaper to just send them both back USPS flat rate and they should pay the return shipping. Plus I can send in these 2 carrier bodies and get them replaced as well.

I think I'm gonna setup the pro1000 for 223 and see how it does. Anyone ever done 223 on a pro1000?

When I busted my classic turret by abusing it I called lee and they just sent me new parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    They changed their rules. You can only get 1 of each part free now. I'm assuming that's per order though. Each additional of the same part they charge for. So I can get my one free but then the duplicate one I have to pay for, plus shipping for both.

Either way it's cheaper for me to send back a bunch of worn parts for a $7 flat rate padded envelope than to order a bunch and pay their high shipping prices.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I "won" a very lightly used RCBS 5-0-5 on eBay for $48 today. Considering the M500 goes for $80 new I was pretty happy about that.

It's a step anyway.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I drove to Cabela's to pickup 2k sp primers today. They didn't have shit! They had a good amount of small pistol mag but I bought the last 2k small pistol. All they had was Remington 5½. Never used them before. I think I remember reading that they like to explode more than others though.

Anyways, I picked up a pound of aa7 and put it in the cart with the little one and her stuffed cat. Somehow it was missed and I walked out with a free bottle of powder. It wasn't on the receipt and when I asked my older girl she just said it was in the bottom of the cart when she put the stuff in the bed of the truck. Next time I go up I'll tell them and pay them for it though.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I do something almost every day, casting bullets, coating bullets, sizing bullets, loading ammo.

Yesterday I coated, sized and loaded these.

1479mm.jpg

That's a MP mold, 147 gr RN no lube groove for the 9mm, the mold is a six cavity brass. It flat rains bullets. They are coated in kryptonite green Hi-Tek.

The load was 2.6 gr Ramshot Competition. That load will cycle my TP9SFx with the stock recoil spring assembly. The brass lands about 2 feet away.

I also cast 150 Lyman .45 ACP Devastator bullets and powder coated them. Here's the previous batch.

devastator.jpg

They are coming out at 187 gr. Even with that huge hollow point they feed without a problem.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I've never tested them for expansion. I need to wet down some newspaper and give it a shot.

Not my favorite bullet to cast. Single cavity with a spud for the hollow point. Takes over an hour to do 200 bullets on a good day. I wish that someone made a multi-cavity mold in the same bullet.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I've never tested them for expansion. I need to wet down some newspaper and give it a shot.

Not my favorite bullet to cast. Single cavity with a spud for the hollow point. Takes over an hour to do 200 bullets on a good day. I wish that someone made a multi-cavity mold in the same bullet.
    Care to sell some of those?

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Prepped, loaded some 25-284 with 100 grain Nosler Ballistic tips and Partitions over 58 gr of H1000 and WLR primers rolled up in resized Lapua 6.5-284 brass.

Attachments

• 9218037E-96D0-4FC5-97E4-D602FF68B4F2.jpeg
      9218037E-96D0-4FC5-97E4-D602FF68B4F2.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 190
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2018
    US
    Resized, annealed and primed some .308. Will try some new loads today. Loading with Federal 210M primers, IMR 3031, and 150 gr. Sierra BTSP.
    5094af78426ce6a11a0492f9524cc7dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Nice. And I thought I got a good deal on my 5-0-5. That should be arriving today.
    I got a lyman m5 scale free from m an old lady a few years ago. I bought a box of reloading brass and dies for $300. Then she gave me an old brown Baer press, the scale, and 2 really nice rifle stock blanks with it all just to get rid of it. A week later she called me back and gave me the second box she had for free because she couldn't sell it and she gave me an apple TV box that was still new. I was just In The right place at the right time I guess.

Top Bottom