Gun Zone Deals

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Received my little Lee Lead Pot to use with the kit from Canada to anneal brass. Now if Canada would come thru I would be fine. Pot was free, daughter and SIL gave me a Gift Certificate to Midway.

I had two given to me, but I don't have any lead to experiment with.
    Guns International

Rusty Gun

brass picker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Gulf coast
    Before church this morning I made 250 rounds of 115 grain Rocky Mountain FMJ RN with 6.5 grs of HS-6. These work great in my 9mm pistols. Clean shooting with real mild recoil and more accurate than I am. Used up all the FMJ now I will switch over to powder coated.
    For the 9’s

Attachments

• 344C9C4E-794C-472F-A370-BFA9E04E4C5F.jpeg
      344C9C4E-794C-472F-A370-BFA9E04E4C5F.jpeg
      1.9 MB · Views: 146

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I finally bought a bullet puller... My pull pile was adding up. Pulled one bunch but I have about 175 AK rounds I want to scrap and sell for components. Those might take a while.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I finally finished pulling bullets. Using the hammer puller was kind of relaxing but I could only do about 40-50 at a time before my fingers hurt. Tried using my left hand but it turns out I suck at that... That's a story for a range day though.

So who needs some AK brass or some 110gr 308?

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Semi sorted my box of .223/5.56 brass by headstamp in preparation of a loading session. After about an hour and a half, I quit.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Last night I got my 30 carbine components together for loading, and figured out my load. Gonna do a few of those tonight. I was digging around and found 200 primed cases for that. It must have been 3 or 4 years ago that bought those at SW Ammo in Mesquite.

Its interesting that my Lee Autodisk doesn't always drop exactly what it says it will. So when I use that, I select a range for my powder, then do a few drops and weigh them to see how close to my preferred charge it gets. Sometimes that requires changing out the disk to get closer to the goal.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Last night I got my 30 carbine components together for loading, and figured out my load. Gonna do a few of those tonight. I was digging around and found 200 primed cases for that. It must have been 3 or 4 years ago that bought those at SW Ammo in Mesquite.

Its interesting that my Lee Autodisk doesn't always drop exactly what it says it will. So when I use that, I select a range for my powder, then do a few drops and weigh them to see how close to my preferred charge it gets. Sometimes that requires changing out the disk to get closer to the goal.
    I have seen pictures where people will file/dremil one of the holes to open it up a little and let the right amount of powder in. I use the adjustable charge bar and it works pretty good.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I have seen pictures where people will file/dremil one of the holes to open it up a little and let the right amount of powder in. I use the adjustable charge bar and it works pretty good.

I tried that and got inconsistent drops. Went back to the disk and it's spot-on. I think the more complex geometry of the adjustable one was the prime cause.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

In my experience the auto disc never drops what it says it will. Always a little less.

Top Bottom