DK Firearms

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    78FCF570-BDAD-4826-970F-78759DB59065.jpeg

Made up a bunch of .457 round balls for the C&B revolvers today.
    Ol’ Moonpie’s Used Tire, Dog sitting, and War of Northern Aggression Armory is starting to look like something.

Nofir55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2016
    Katy Texas
    more:
    Clean your mould(s) before starting with an old toothbrush and toothpaste. Scrub them out. You need to get all oil residue out of them.
    Rinse thoroughly using hot water.
    Then dry the mould. I use a propane torch to heat the mould slightly to insure all moisture is removed.
    Next you need to prep the mould. I just use a candle. Let the candle smoke thoroughly coat the inside cavity of the mould. Don’t forget the the mould block faces where they meet together. Candle smoke has a teeny amount of wax residue in it. This acts as a release agent.
    There are commercial made sprays for this but they cost a bit.
    Candle smoke doesn’t last very long so if the bullets start sticking in the mould on drop out resmoke your mould.
    When done casting for the day allow the mould to cool to ambient then clean it again with the toothpaste. Dry it. Apply rust preventative oil.
    Store the mould slightly open with the front tip of the bullet pointing up. This allows the oil to drain down and out of the bullet cavity. Storing the mould closed up bullet point down allows the run off oil to settle in the ogive of the bullet cavity. There it collects moisture and will cause a corrosion blister. Typically a bad rust spot. In aluminum moulds it can congeal to a solid lump of rock hard tar that is a pain in the arse to get out without scratching the cavity.
    Don’t forget a drop of oil on the handle pivot bearing.
    The tooth brush and toothpaste worked great. my wife was pissed off though! she said it taste "metallic" now .

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    FL sized, trimmed, and prepped 100 6mm creedmoor cases and threw them in the tumbler. Also, while I was at the range farting around, I saw they had some Varget in stock, so I picked up a lb. Almost put it back when it rang up at $50, but I’ve always wanted to test it out so I went ahead and got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    20221023_180416.jpg

Well boys..she has been a good one but tomorrow she is getting sent back to Dillon for overhaul.
    I bought this 2nd hand from a guy who shot cowboy action and only reloaded 38s with it.

I got it and cleaned it up..replaced the brass parts and the plastic ram bearings
    It ran good for 5 years but its just worn out. The indexing is off and i dont want to try and fix it.
    Im sending it to Dillon with $79
    And they tell me it will ship back to me..fully rebuilt within 7 days of them getting it.
    Cant beat that.

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    New Lee 6 cavity 223 55 gr mold, fired up the pot and after a quick spray with brake cleaner and a preheat was casting perfect bullets that dropped free when opening without having to smoke the mold. Thought I was going to have to fight it a bit because of the small caliber but it is casting fantastic. Later in the week I hope to get serious and have things ready to go to really crank out a bunch. Want to PC them and then get to loading them for the AR.

Top Bottom