• ...and so much more!
  • digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    Anyone have experience with Advanced Armament Co barrels? Looking at a threaded barrel for my G21. Found at MidwayUSA.
    Capitol Armory ad

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    This followed me home after a bit of haggling. Had abt 12 rounds thru it. Still has stickers. In pouch and original box. Micro 9 Coyote Tan with laser sight.
    IMG_2796 (Medium).jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2796 (Medium).jpeg
      IMG_2796 (Medium).jpeg
      133.6 KB · Views: 464

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    On the Kimber frame. I have a Kimber Custom Crimson Carry II. This is just the frame. Non-magnetic and weighs 8.1 oz. Most of the weight feels to be around the hammer. here's the link. Plainly states aluminum. https://grabagun.com/kimber-45acp-custom-crimson-carryii.html

What do you think it's made of???
    IMG_2798 (Medium).jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2798 (Medium).jpeg
      IMG_2798 (Medium).jpeg
      126.3 KB · Views: 439
    Last edited:

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The frame on my S&W Commander is scandium aluminum. Didn't mean to say Kimber didn't make aluminum frames. I had not too long ago handled the Custom II 2 tone and was pretty sure it was stainless steel by the weight and feel of it, and that's what Kimber's site said too.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    It's not nice to poke fun of the elderly.

If you ever think that you want a birth year gun, better be looking. The older you get, the harder they are to find. I have been on the hunt for a long time and have found a few but nothing that I really wanted. I found this one and wound up getting it.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    It's not nice to poke fun of the elderly.

If you ever think that you want a birth year gun, better be looking. The older you get, the harder they are to find. I have been on the hunt for a long time and have found a few but nothing that I really wanted. I found this one and wound up getting it.
    Never thought about buying one specifically but that’s a good idea. Out of chance, two are my wife’s birth year.

A pistol could be interesting, not sure what I would want though. I’m more of a rifle guy. Maybe a Remington in a caliber I don’t currently own. Almost too many options to consider. Perhaps I should create a thread with a poll and have Moonpie harass me until I buy something?

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Never thought about buying one specifically but that’s a good idea. Out of chance, two are my wife’s birth year.

A pistol could be interesting, not sure what I would want though. I’m more of a rifle guy. Maybe a Remington in a caliber I don’t currently own. Almost too many options to consider. Perhaps I should create a thread with a poll and have Moonpie harass me until I buy something?

Yeah, I've got one that's my wife's birth year. I need to find one for mine.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom