• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I bought myself a Glock 23 today. I decided for a long time to buy this gun. However, after reading the glock 23 review, I realized that I had to buy this gun because I really like its handle and reduced weight. I usually collect weapons, knives, and other military items. I rarely use them, but I bought about 100 9mm cartridges for the Glock 23 and will soon be going out of town and shooting at targets. Basically, I did it with my father. Still, since there is a pandemic now, I am afraid to go somewhere to the landfill where there are many people so that my father is healthy and does not get infected with the coronavirus.
    Glock 23 isnt 9mm. Its 40s&w

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    For awhile, it was popular to get Lone Wolf conversion barrels to convert .40 Glocks to 9mm. Maybe this is the case here?.....
    I did that on my Glock 24. But when I told someone about the pistol, I invariably mentioned it. If someone actually has a 9mm-converted G23, it's hard to imagine they would say "I've got a Glock 23" without also saying "that's been converted to 9mm."

This is particularly true in this forum, where the audience considers details like this to be part of the normal conversation.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Yesterday I stumbled onto a gun that seems to be scarce, a nickel Browning Hi Power. Browning called it Nickel/Silver Chrome Finish. This one was made in Belgium in 1981.

BHP1.jpg

BHP2.jpg

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Just placed my order, had to order from GunBuyer in Florida, none to be found near me in stock. Will post pics of the actual thing when it arrives, hopefully in a week or so. Took a little while the last time I bought a gun from GunBuyer but they have great prices and I got free shipping to my FFL to boot.

Springfield Emissary in the caliber of the righteous and all mighty. Looks might not be for everyone but I like it and the reviews were great, didn't want the rail version so got the commander size which should be great for concealment. Even splurged and ordered two extra mags and a new holster from 1791 Gun Leather. Can't wait to shoot this baby! Never had a bushingless 1911 with a bull barrel before, should be interesting.
    M2hyP0V.jpg

ggxbe2a.jpg

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Just placed my order, had to order from GunBuyer in Florida, none to be found near me in stock. Will post pics of the actual thing when it arrives, hopefully in a week or so. Took a little while the last time I bought a gun from GunBuyer but they have great prices and I got free shipping to my FFL to boot.

Springfield Emissary in the caliber of the righteous and all mighty. Looks might not be for everyone but I like it and the reviews were great, didn't want the rail version so got the commander size which should be great for concealment. Even splurged and ordered two extra mags and a new holster from 1791 Gun Leather. Can't wait to shoot this baby! Never had a bushingless 1911 with a bull barrel before, should be interesting.
    M2hyP0V.jpg

ggxbe2a.jpg
    I look forward to a range report, I have been looking at this as well. Wish I lived closer .

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    I look forward to a range report, I have been looking at this as well. Wish I lived closer .

Will do, I hope it lives up to the reviews. This is the first pistol that's peaked my interest in a while.

Edit: I just checked GunBuyer and they show it out of stock, lol. I'm glad I jumped on it when I did! :cool: You can't procrastinate on a gun purchase in this day and age.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Will do, I hope it lives up to the reviews. This is the first pistol that's peaked my interest in a while.

Edit: I just checked GunBuyer and they show it out of stock, lol. I'm glad I jumped on it when I did! :cool: You can't procrastinate on a gun purchase in this day and age.

So true. If its there you better buy it. It will not be there an hour from now.
    Also standing by for the range report. TBH, I haven’t seen this model before.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    So true. If its there you better buy it. It will not be there an hour from now.
    Also standing by for the range report. TBH, I haven’t seen this model before.

Just got the ship notice, there will probably be delays due to all the darn snow and ice we got last night.

Top Bottom