• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    The “guns you regret selling” made me think of this. Ones I wish I had bought back in the day:

Ithaca Mag 10 Road Blocker
    Mossberg 500 Line Launcher
    Ruger 44 Carbine
    S/W 696

I’m sure there are more. All guns I figured I’d get around to owning one day and then they were gone, or only available used for crazy money. Oh, and I wish I’d bought a Thompson when I first started looking at them 20 years ago. I thought the prices were too high then. Shame on me.
    Target Sports

Last edited:

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I had a chance to buy a gyrojet once. It came with 12 rockets I think. I figured I'd probably be stupid and shoot them all off so I passed on the pistol. I would have sold it during my divorce anyway but I still wish I bought it. Instead I got a sporterized 1903. Boy was I dumb.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Smith and Wesson Model 15-3. This is my father in laws gun. It fires so well! It is mine and my daughters favorite gun, maybe one day I will find 2 so we can each have one.
    9c2df4e4db9d8969af79f69eae588c24.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    A nice Garand, a Savage 99, and a Python. Something full auto after I turned 18 in 1973...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Limiting myself to guns I actually had a chance to buy, there are several. The top two would be the SIG AMT and a Sokolovsky pistol.

Back in my teens, I ordered a SIG AMT at my LGS, a sizable place that assured me they could obtain anything. My dad wanted to get it for me and his checkbook was open. That LGS turned out to be lazy shitheads who never lifted a finger. I ran out of patience and wound up buying a very, very nice .308 bolt gun that I still have.

The Sokolovsky called my name from the first time I held one and talked to the designer. By the time I had the money, the manufacturer had basically failed and shut down. I should have sacrificed more and scraped the money together faster.

Bonus - I should have listened to my mom who told me to buy several of "those surplus Russian rifles," i.e. SKSs that were stocked deep by a local gun store. I ignored her because I figured they'd always be cheap. I was such a dumbass...

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I forgot about the days when you could get a yugo SKS for $150. Some company was selling them by the crate. Almost bought a crate but bought a guitar instead. Sold the guitar during the divorce though.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    I had a chance to get a Barrett .50 cal in the late 90's. Still had teenage kids, and couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of money on myself.

Top Bottom