DK Firearms

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Dude - check this out.

A new car detailing place has opened up in town - Bulldog Auto Detailing. I see them constantly have some pretty sweet rides out side, so I stopped by to check them out. At one point, I brought up the ceramic wax and asked them for their opinion on it and a possible quote. He tells me about how good it is and all the perks, so I asked him how much it would run to do my truck in a 3 layer wax. He's humming and hawing, walking around and checking it out, so I mentioned it shouldn't be too much work since the truck is still new and the body is pretty smooth. He shouldn't even need to clay bar it first. He cuts me off and says "oh no, it's pretty bad - you see all those swirl marks?? That's going to take some work".

So I play along because at this point, I'm already out but I'm still in for the entertainment. Ok man, so tell me how much you think it will run me to work through all those swirl marks and make it look smooth again. "Yea man, I can get those out. By the time i'm done, you'll be able to read street signs a 1/4 mile away in the reflection." I say are you sure about that? The paint job already has a ton of orange peel in it from the factory. The clear coat is smooth to the touch, but underneath it is the orange peel probably because the factory rushed the paint job - It's common. I'm not going to hold it against you, but I'd be surprised if you actually get it that smooth and deep. "You know, I don't like to put myself up on a pedistool or anything, but yea -I'm just that good. You'd be surprised what I can do. But that's why I charge the way I do - it's worth it" Ok, ok, so again - how much am I looking at paying?? "Man, I could probably get you in at $1,400. You know, this is top of the line service I do. I've been full of cars coming to me to get ceramic wax done. Just last week I had a car in that was so nice, I couldn't post it on FB because the owner didn't want anyone to know it was here. It was one of those we had to drop it off and pick it up at 2 in the morning kind of deals. We just have a lot of good work that comes out of here"

Dude....I was done. LMAO $1,400 to wax my truck???? Swirl marks are going to take some work to get out with wax???? GTFO!!!!!

He's CrAzy...
    Texas SOT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Realistically. Ceramic wax, clay, the labor and a 12 pack of beer to drink while you do it yourself..

$100-$150. Including the cost of a Black&Decker buffer. He's legitimately smoking crack.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    The going rate for a pro job is more along the lines of $400, unless you want to do some crazy exotic (cough snakeoil cough) treatment.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Phucking Suzuki. I'm polishing it up. Doing the chrome, waxing the tank...and then a little voice says check the oil level window.

Phucking oil has water in it. It looks like Starbucks creamed coffee. My speculation is that water got into the crank case via the starter hole. The hole that the starter bolts to. It's the only non-gasket area. Rain seeped in the motor through that area.

4 quarts of some super expensive Mobil 1 motorcycle oil shot all to hell. I think I paid something like $9-$11 a quart for the Damn oil. Let's not forget the oil filter too. Less then 500 miles on the now phucked up oil. It all has to be replaced. I'm putting mineral oil back in the motor. A gallon of factory Honda 10-40 oil runs $27 bucks. I forgot how much the filter cost. Synthetic would run me about $50. Basturd.

Joy, Joy. What a way to find out the bike isn't water resistant. Ill drain the oil and then put the drain plug back in it. Pour a gallon of diesel into the crank case after the oil is drained, wiggle the bike and then drain it to flush the water.

Nothing stays fixed around me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Thank your "little voice"....

After breakfast I'm gonna go into town. Killeen Motor Sports. See how much they want for oil. I don't want to wait on Amazon to deliver stuff in a couple days. Wal-Mart has the oil. Synthetic $$$$.

This motorcycle had one job. And it isn't to eat money.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    After breakfast I'm gonna go into town. Killeen Motor Sports. See how much they want for oil. I don't want to wait on Amazon to deliver stuff in a couple days. Wal-Mart has the oil. Synthetic $$$$.

This motorcycle had one job. And it isn't to eat money.

Should’ve bought a Kawi

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    This is what it looks like when Suzuki gives me the business.

81358553.gif

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    LMFAO, that is funny as hell.

What bike is this that isn't water resistant?

2008 Suzuki boulevard M50. It stays outside. All winter it's been sitting in the rain. I just finished the oil change. You could barely see faint water lines in the old oil. It actually looked pretty good. It wasn't as bad as I thought. The oil window showed a creme white level of water&oil. I figured the motor had a lot of H2o in it. The oil that came out barely showed it. There was water in the oil but more along the lines of moisture condensation. I pulled a drama queen. It wasn't bad at all.

It's all changed out anyway. $30 bucks for oil. $14 for the genuine Suzuki oil filter.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    GHG
    Just thinking, but isn't your bike water cooled?

Yep. It ran all last summer with no water getting in the oil. She's filled with anti-freeze. More then needed for our weather. There's no oil in the coolant and the coolant level hasn't moved.

If by chance there's a crack in the heads. Which I strongly doubt. Ill throw the bike away and get another one.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I did have external water get in to one of my bikes, but that was after it was underwater in the garage of my old house.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    2008 Suzuki boulevard M50. It stays outside. All winter it's been sitting in the rain. I just finished the oil change. You could barely see faint water lines in the old oil. It actually looked pretty good. It wasn't as bad as I thought. The oil window showed a creme white level of water&oil. I figured the motor had a lot of H2o in it. The oil that came out barely showed it. There was water in the oil but more along the lines of moisture condensation. I pulled a drama queen. It wasn't bad at all.

It's all changed out anyway. $30 bucks for oil. $14 for the genuine Suzuki oil filter.

Do you have a good outside cover? Probably worth it to invest in a small portable building.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Do you have a good outside cover? Probably worth it to invest in a small portable building.

Thought about a cover. There's no where I could put a shed. I'll drape a tarp over it next rain. There wasn't that much water in the oil. It just looked like from the sight window. If it had been summer. I would have left the fill cap off and stuck a rag in the hole. Let the Sun dry the motor out. It's not an expensive bike and Suzuki is still making them. A set of new tires is 1/4 the price of the bike. It's the oil I hated buying.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom