Lynx Defense

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Catalytic converters take it down by a margin. The exhaust still has resonators. Harmonic type good thing. The 94 camaro has a 12" glass pipe. The converter has been punch out. It was melted.

The sound is pathetic. It has to have headers.

The 5 gen camaro has 12,500 miles. I installed long tube as soon as I got it home. $2000 dollar headers. With matching converters. I wanna hear it.
    DK Firearms

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Long story short - if you don't increase your 2/3 shift RPM over 6000 RPM it'll probably live a long life. If you never shift wide open throttle into 3rd, it'll probably last forever.

ETA - Wife ran a 4L60e (built) in her T76 turbocharged 6.1L 4th gen Camaro for years, but it took a few tries to get it right.

This is way more info than I expected, but EXACTLY the info I was looking for. You rock.

So if I’m on a 1 year old 4L60e factory rebuild, and I start pushing some torque through it...can I expect decent life?

If I build the motor like I want, it’ll make ~500 lb-ft of torque, and will rarely be over 4K rpm. Hell, I’m rarely over that rpm now LOL

I don’t abuse my stuff, and full throttle shifts would be very rare.

What choo guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    You're good to go. The only other caveat is towing heavy in 4th - that's a bad idea. Well, towing heavy at all with this trans is a bad idea. It can be and has been done successfully, but always be mindful of what it is. This is truly a light-medium duty trans. Realistically, be nice to the transmission going into 3rd and through 4th and you'll be fine. 500lb. ft. is absolutely no problem, just let off the gas before it shifts into 3rd.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Well, I didn't do any fancy engine rebuilds or anything, but I did pull the trigger on a new antenna. All my worries about it not catching signal were calmed almost immediately. It gets great signal - and I live in a hilly area.

This weekend - window tint on the fronts.
    0e632ecc480c39a2b0f2302a46432d69.jpg
    90dbd05fcd9cf0ab80d3dc8b3acd9ad9.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    How dark can you go on the windshield per state law? I would like to get this done, but I think I am still trying to follow 90's tint laws. I see people driving around here totally blacked out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    How dark can you go on the windshield per state law? I would like to get this done, but I think I am still trying to follow 90's tint laws. I see people driving around here totally blacked out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

No tint below the 'AS1' line....but like you mentioned. Some people get the entire windshield tinted. I've seen more then a few around here. How they're getting it inspected is a mystery. I've seen windshields tinted with at least 20%. With the side Windows in 5%. You can't see anything inside the car.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Speaking of zip tie repairs (from another thread), this rolled in the shop today.

I plan on getting 5% to my ASI line, and 20%-15% on my front side windows. I'm still debating that one. I'm going limo with the rears. Yea, it kills your rear view mirror for backing up at night, but I have a back up camera that I'm pretty good with as well as side mirrors.
    de89465f15371f597385d7e133e82711.jpg

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I washed out the inside of my truck today - inadvertently. Left the Windows cracked and it rained like a mofo. Had about 1/4" slopping around in the cupholders.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Speaking of zip tie repairs (from another thread), this rolled in the shop today.

I plan on getting 5% to my ASI line, and 20%-15% on my front side windows. I'm still debating that one. I'm going limo with the rears. Yea, it kills your rear view mirror for backing up at night, but I have a back up camera that I'm pretty good with as well as side mirrors. View attachment 137511

Looks like baseball stitching.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Lol yea, my mechanic doesn't like working on anything complex. I'm trying to show him that's where all the fun is!

We're a college campus shop - not an automotive class...but the actual behind the scenes shop most people don't think about. Lol So yes to both - we are fleet maintenance and we do work on anything with an engine. Just can't work on our own vehicles.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I had mused about blowing up the engine in my mercedes a month ago, it is still down. (Have not even looked at it yet). I did get a "free" car up and running today. I got a 2001 mercedes CLK 430 cabrio in non starting rough shape. A new key and a couple hours of chasing down electrical gremlins and it starts and runs. Hopefully a bit of shade tree cleanup and I can flip it to fund fixing the real car.

I also ordered a couple parts to freshen up my motorcycle. It is a 2012 CB1000R. Ordered up a quick shifter, 1 tooth smaller front sprocket, gear indicator, a gizmo to fix the speedometer and a module to pulse the brake light a couple times when I get on the binders. The bike is the primary summer wheels to and from work. With my car down it is back to rain or shine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom