Hurley's Gold

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Figuring out security. Ive looked how folks lock these things up. I'm not understanding the chain or cable.

Heres my solution. It fits and the bike can't roll. Theres enough holes front and back to hook up at least three. Ill go by Army surplus for some real locks. American, series 5200. I only need two. Just in case. Tractor Supply also has the 5200. I'd enjoy a three pack that takes the same key.

View attachment 145039

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can still take off the front wheel...Invest in a 14mm shielded bolt that locks through your rear rotor.

Sent from my iPhone with a general disregard for the masses

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Can still take off the front wheel...Invest in a 14mm shielded bolt that locks through your rear rotor.

I was gonna lock both. Front disc and rear. In a hurry, just the rear. During Saturday I watched a video of two guys popping the handlebar lock. One grabbed the handlebars on an R6. Snapped the bar forward and popped it past the pin. Walked off with it. Apparently the steering lock is a joke.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    I was gonna lock both. Front disc and rear. In a hurry, just the rear. During Saturday I watched a video of two guys popping the handlebar lock. One grabbed the handlebars on an R6. Snapped the bar forward and popped it past the pin. Walked off with it. Apparently the steering lock is a joke.

Anyone wants to steal something they are gonna, locks keep honest people honest,

Look into an a abloy 362

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Drug the travel trailer back home from a weekend in Fredericksburg.
    Tailwind was real nice.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Anyone wants to steal something they are gonna, locks keep honest people honest,

Look into an a abloy 362

American Lock Series 5200 is required by government regulation to secure. Low priority items.

Ill confess. I can make a set of lock picks that blow through a Masters lock in under 5 seconds.

American Lock is different. They have some funky things that make picking it as difficult as opening a postal box.

Army training and what not. The American Lock 5200 is all you describe and more. Master lock is a joke. I've seen them beaten off with a hammer.

I've personally seen the aftermath of C4 on the American Lock brand of lock. The federal government demands it for good reason.

Deeper into physical security. Understand these things are time delay devices. Slowing the thief or enemy enough to catch them. The idea is to slow them down for discovery. Rather then preventing it. Which is impossible. Like Roman said. MF'ers will throw it in a truck and run.

A lock will keep it from rolling. Slowing them down before they throw it in a truck. An amount of time of delay to catch the Basturds. But nothing is full proof. Blame opposable thumbs and human ingenuity when it's gets stolen.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Not really shielded from bolt clippers though

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Not really shielded from bolt clippers though

Try that on an American Lock. Buy some cheap bolt cutters from Wal-Mart to later return. For free. Get the biggest they got and walk up to a motorcycle, any motorcycle, and see what happens.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I'm not gonna lie to you. If you want something locked up. (You paid probably $50,000-$100,000 for me to be taught this.)

Get one of these MF'ers,

gsa5200lock-2t.jpg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I'm not gonna lie to you. If you want something locked up. (You paid probably $50,000-$100,000 for me to be taught this.)

Get one of these MF'ers,

View attachment 145047

We put 4 ea of those on our weapons cases when shipping or traveling non-mil with them.

American locks are great for low pri items, but our CCI and crypto or classified was under a S&G. Don’t think those will work as a disk lock, though.

Could be wrong though. Just remember to change from the factory combo.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Oil change warning popped up. Out of town of course.

Found a Jiffy Lube though not my first choice. Leaving one job and heading cross country to another so good enough.

Only proper weight oil they had was full synthetic. Not something I care about but they had it on hand.

Air filter and pre filter dirty. Fuel filters were due too.

Damn diesels.

$380 and 45 minutes later I was on my way.........

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy

Get one of these MF'ers,

View attachment 145047
    I picked one of these yesterday. It takes a few tries because the security pins will fool you into thinking you have a false set even though you might have over picked a pin or two.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    I picked one of these yesterday. It takes a few tries because the security pins will fool you into thinking you have a false set even though you might have over picked a pin or two.

What about an Abloy PL362?

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Oil change warning popped up. Out of town of course.

Found a Jiffy Lube though not my first choice. Leaving one job and heading cross country to another so good enough.

Only proper weight oil they had was full synthetic. Not something I care about but they had it on hand.

Air filter and pre filter dirty. Fuel filters were due too.

Damn diesels.

$380 and 45 minutes later I was on my way.........
    At least you got it all done at the same place. Last time I tried getting everything done at the same time it took 3 different locations. Only 1 place in Odessa had the fuel filter, and the air filter was on back order.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    At least you got it all done at the same place. Last time I tried getting everything done at the same time it took 3 different locations. Only 1 place in Odessa had the fuel filter, and the air filter was on back order.
    They actually had all the parts in stock too which really surprised me since I was in Kansas.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Well $hit. The dealership said the bank has my title for the bike. "Your bank is where we have the title". The bank says the dealer has it. "We don't have the title...not on a CD loan. Only auto loans".

What a bad sign.

Basically I don't know where the title is for the Honda. The dealer is closed on Mondays. Ill swing by there tomorrow and ask WTF?.

Wherever the title is. It'd better have my name on it.

Top Bottom