Texas SOT

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Yeah, I remember him, just left that detail out.

Was that the day we had the "excitement" at the church corner?

:laughing:

Nah, after Brian's crash, we pretty much called it a day.
    Pretty sure it was just you and I riding when the church corner thing happened. Four motorcycle tires locked and smoking in unison...was a glorious moment! Haha
    Gun Zone Deals

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    grasshopperglock,

Did you check out the OFFSHORE 17 series of Red Fish boats on fiberglassics.com??
    (Btw, I got an email this AM that there MAY be a pair of ORIGINAL 1960-61 Red Fish seats available, out of a "trashed" hull, in Houston that are suitable for "Miss LakeAnne". = I emailed the owner immediately btw.)

yours, satx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    grasshopperglock,

Did you check out the OFFSHORE 17 series of Red Fish boats on fiberglassics.com??
    (Btw, I got an email this AM that there MAY be a pair of ORIGINAL 1960-61 Red Fish seats available, out of a "trashed" hull, in Houston that are suitable for "Miss LakeAnne". = I emailed the owner immediately btw.)

yours, satx

Yes Sir, I did. It's a pretty neat site with some amazing looking old school boats.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Yes Sir, I did. It's a pretty neat site with some amazing looking old school boats.

grasshopperglock,

How did you like the photo of the OFFSHORE 17??
    (I'm PLEASED clear down to the ground with finding such a rare boat & that is suitable for saltwater fishing for Darla & I.)

In the event that you "get all hot & bothered" by NOT having an antique boat, I can help, as I "prowl the pastures" in south TX for RARE boats/OBs/trailers & find LOTS.
    (Right now, I have located the SOLE survivors of 2 Texas-made boat manufactures & "for dirt cheap".)

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    grasshopper,

To find a twin of my OFFSHORE 17 in turquoise/white:

1. Go to fiberglassics.com.
    2. Enter the library.
    3. Scroll down & look for RED FISH in the fiberglass section of the library.
    4. Click on Red Fish & scroll down to the 1961 Red Fish catalog.
    5. The Offshore is the last boat on the right in the first row. It's page 4 in the catalog.

yours, tex

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    1961 redfish. http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/images/c/c0/Redfishb61001.jpg
    57a469cf61f70c03e2c79a2838c99976.jpg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    outdare,

That hull is essentially the same design as the OFFSHORE 17 boats from the gunnels to the keel but the OFFSHORE is a 17FT, deep/beamy, OPEN UTILITY/RUNABOUT.
    (Both of those boats were designed, for Red Fish/Iola Plastics of KS, by John Decker in Ft. Worth, TX.)

yours, satx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've finally got everything adjusted. The gear lever height. Rear brake foot lever height. Clutch and brake lever position. Handlebars adjusted back.

The last adjustment was the rear brake foot lever. The brakes pads and rotors have finally broke in. I thought the brakes were good before. Now, it takes upper body conditioning to keep from going head first over the bars. The double disc up front is no joke.

Things that are gonna happen. Side mount license plate. (Plate mounted to the swing arm).

Rear turn signal delete. I'd rather use arm signals. The signals are too close together. The phone texting driving a$$holes don't pay attention anyway. Their loss. Ill take the rear fender off and the signals go bye-bye.

There's a low mileage SS camaro sitting in the garage. Current thoughts are some mods. Intake, mufflers, throttle body and a tune. I want that basturd to broil tires cruising on the highway.

As long as things go fast. I wanna outrun time. One Chevy V8 at a turn.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I say, use turn signals and arm signals both.

If they stay. I'll mount them where the fender looking arm thing go's into the bottom of the frame cover. So when you look at a fender eliminator kit. Like that but with no provision for the plate. Just the turn signals.

The plate is definitely going on the swing arm. Right side, opposite the chain. I can run the LP light wire along the brake hose. Up inside the main frame cradle. Back towards the factory harness plug in.

I think the plate looks like hell being stuck under the rear of the frame. It's gaudy looking.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1qwerty
    Top Bottom