Guns International

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Here was my ZX9R... Full_System.jpg

This was my CBR1000RR, after the wreck.
    My friend that picked it up for me took this pic, and added the note showing what caused mje to wreck in the turn.

cam1.jpg

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I had one of their 650s for a starter bike. It was a good bike to learn on but I went down in 07 trying to keep up with friends on a R1 and ZX10. The only way to get the front end up was to clutch it and then it would starve and cut out so it was tough to ride one wheel.
    24BB129E-3549-46F7-A80F-B50DBE39D5FC.jpeg
    A8E91191-BB02-4019-B58B-6693B0E02739.jpeg
    A7D6C00C-6F25-4A92-A6CB-F2B521908C9E.jpeg
    609D5736-EE4C-479D-9476-AC111DC519BF.jpeg
    I let the neighbor ride the Suzuki and he's hooked. The neighbor on the other side of him has this in the garage.

Hyosung GT250R. (250cc)

View attachment 144294

It's a huge company that makes a bunch of stuff. Suzuki helped designed it. Without the internet you're not getting parts.

Resale is horrible. The lady wants $1500 and the bike has less then a thousand miles. I think she bought it to make a boyfriend mad. For a lightweight bike it's right up his alley. I suggested he talk payments on it. Rent to own. Beat down the price to $1000....It's a Hyosung...

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My Xterra radiator that was replaced in March crapped out. Overheated, but I caught it quick. No further damage.

Under warranty so I got the replacement free.

I'm sure my oil got cooked so I changed the oil this morning. Those things only hold 3.5 quarts. I hate that about that car. Had it about a year so I'm changing the plugs today too.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Quick story - some local twtex riders get together to ride on occasion. We were gonna ride after a MotoGP watching party. A new guy shows up on a R6 with a paper plate wearing running shoes and a T-shirt saying - Got Weed. He went into a curve too hot on FM4 ran off road, hit a concrete culvert, and did a couple flips. We were running tailgunner being on a Burgman scooter. Guy was jacked up and careflighted out. We grabbed his glasses and brought them to the hospital. When you have 2 broken arms, you need really good friends or mom.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Just picked up the Camaro from the dealer, second time I had the car in for a transmission slippage and converter shudder issue. The first time (year or so back) they swapped the converter. Ok for a little while, condition came back and added some shift problems to the mix. This time they flushed the fluid and changed the filter 3x, using a Mobil 1 trans fluid instead of the GM stuff. So far so good, it drives exactly as it should for an auto. I'm just not a fan of slush boxes.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Quick story - some local twtex riders get together to ride on occasion..........
    Same story...

Joined the ZREX group out of DFW out Cranfills Gap way early one mornin to beat the heat. Doin the twisties, we were scootin. I wasnt familiar with that area so I was at the back with the tailgunner, we come around a corner and everyone was stopped. Ends up the leader (in full gear thank goodness) ran up on a flock of vultures and one bounced off the windsceen and popped right off his forehead and knocked him out cold. Took out the fence, etc. Was beat up pretty good. There was another medic in the group besides me and we flew him to Waco. Group went home and three of us went on to the hospital to get him taken care of.

I called mamma and told her to bring the pickup and the ramp:p

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I led a ride once through the National Forest which was one of my regular routes.
    Had a new guy join our group, I don't recall how many were with us that day, but it was 10+.
    I was leading the fast group with some of the regulars. We got to the first stop point and realized we were missing some people.
    We headed back and saw an ambulance at about the second corner. The new guy wrecked and broke his ankle .
    Turns out he had put armoral (sp) on his tires the night before, after washing his bike for the ride.

Not a smart thing.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Quick story - some local twtex riders get together to ride on occasion. We were gonna ride after a MotoGP watching party. A new guy shows up on a R6 with a paper plate wearing running shoes and a T-shirt saying - Got Weed. He went into a curve too hot on FM4 ran off road, hit a concrete culvert, and did a couple flips. We were running tailgunner being on a Burgman scooter. Guy was jacked up and careflighted out. We grabbed his glasses and brought them to the hospital. When you have 2 broken arms, you need really good friends or mom.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
    If you going to be dumb, you have to be tough.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Friends,

Over the last few years, I've had good luck posting "WTB" ads on this site for things of divers sorts that I was seeking for my collections/various "projects".

I'm now in the process of beginning to restore a 1961 RED FISH OFFSHORE Model 1702 utility runabout on a vintage SHORELINE trailer, which I found sitting out in the back of a lot "for peanuts" & "looking unloved".
    (The OFFSHORE Model 1704 is complete except for the 2 "back to back" lounge seats.)

To power the BIG fishing boat, I'm seeking a MATCHED pair of 40HP outboard motors of the 1960s by OMC.
    OMC produced suitable motors using the brand-names of: EVINRUDE, GALE, JOHNSON, SEA KING & several other less well-known "brand names" for various retailers from 1955-70.

The pair of outboards need NOT run (as I will restore them,) but they MUST be COMPLETE.

IF you have (or know of) such a pair of "Big Twin OMC" outboards, please respond to me by email, with price, info off the motor data plates & photos to: texasnative46@gmail.com

Note: The OFFSHORE 17 series of RED FISH boats were built in Clarksville TX & were designed especially for "near shore" fishing in the Gulf of Mexico. RED FISH built only 54 of the OFFSHORE hulls in 8 years. - Mine is hull #54.
    The boat is 17 feet long, >80" abeam & 38" deep amidships.
    (For a 17 foot hull, this is a BIG runabout.)

THANKS, satx

Satx, Do you have pictures of the boat? I'd enjoy seeing it.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I led a ride once through the National Forest which was one of my regular routes.
    Had a new guy join our group, I don't recall how many were with us that day, but it was 10+.
    I was leading the fast group with some of the regulars. We got to the first stop point and realized we were missing some people.
    We headed back and saw an ambulance at about the second corner. The new guy wrecked and broke his ankle .
    Turns out he had put armoral (sp) on his tires the night before, after washing his bike for the ride.

Not a smart thing.

His name is Brian. I'm still friends with him. I remember leaving Starbucks following him and seeing the Armorall slung up under his rear fender. I should've stopped him at that moment.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    His name is Brian. I'm still friends with him. I remember leaving Starbucks following him and seeing the Armorall slung up under his rear fender. I should've stopped him at that moment.

Yeah, I remember him, just left that detail out.

Was that the day we had the "excitement" at the church corner?

:laughing:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Well. He stopped himself. There's a label on the bottle and the entire internet to know not to put pooky on motorcycle tires. Hell, I don't use it on a car.

Vroom Vroom.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Inside it looks red. Outside its orange. What they call "HiVis" orange. It's a blue blocker. I rarely lower the shield anyway. I wear sunglasses. I like the feel of the wind for what I can get through a full face. Only time it comes down is on the highway. The short bursts I've been because it's still breaking in. I don't care for it lowered. Well, maybe a couple of notches. It's doesn't wind whistle then.

It's a fashion statement because everybody has clear. It's pretty cool to look through. Things go ultrabright.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Satx, Do you have pictures of the boat? I'd enjoy seeing it.

grasshopperglock,

NO camera, NO knowledge of how to use one & little interest in learning.
    (Once I get the 20+ years of TX red dirt/trash cleaned out & the interior/exterior of the hull looking a bit more shipshape, my adult daughter will start making "before, during & after" photos.)

That said, IF you go over to FIBERGLASSICS.COM, go to "the library" & look under RED FISH in the 1961 catalog, you will see my boat's twin, except that my deck is FLAME RED over white rather than TOURQUOISE.
    (There were 3 "varieties" of OFFSHORE 17 hulls sold in 1961. = The 1702 is my boat's variety.)

The following needs doing to return her to stock:
    1. Deglaze & repaint the deck the proper shade of 1957 Ford THUNDERBIRD RED, which is the correct color.
    2. Replace the 2 missing fore/aft facing lounge seats with new seats & reupholster the starboard & port trim panels. = Amazon has a very similar pair, IF I cannot find the originals to reupholster.
    (I would sooner have original Red Fish seats, reupholstered, though I doubt that any judge will ever rip off the upholstery to check if the frames are marked: Red Fish.)
    3. Find, mount & rig the twin 40HP outboards and install the steering/dual control box/control cables.
    4. Mount the marine VHF radio & antenna.
    5. Replace the AM/FM/8-track stereo with a new AM/FM/CD head unit & antenna.
    6. Refinish the trailer, replace the carpet on the runners & install new tires/wheels.
    and
    7. Have the new TX numbers & the boat's name (Miss LakeAnne, after the 1st Anglo girlchild who was born in TX. = LakeAnne Potter was born DURING The Runaway Scrape of her mother: Harriet Ann Ames Potter.) & homeport painted upon the hull.

This will be an EASY restoration. - The most troublesome part was the research, which is now completed, to assure that the restoration is FACTORY CORRECT in all details.
    (For example, I spent numerous hours finding the correct answer as to what color that Red Fish 1961 FLAME RED was.)

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom