Patriot Mobile

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    I ended up tuning my truck my self with sct package. No one knew how to tune for the big injectors. Yes I remember Troyer. I thought he was a dink. Also same screen name.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    d0a42fa657817a640568765a351a2dd8.jpg

Loaded up the trailer with the bike and everything I wanted to keep. Moved back to Texas. Ain’t got a place to live or a job but it still beats St Louis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    What I did to my vehicle today, was drove it several miles through fields which made me question my thinking about getting a car. Still liking a truck.

tangoparson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2017
    I drug my 16,000 pound fifth wheel a couple of hundred miles.

I must have gotten carried away leaving a stop sign or something. Sprung a boost leak.

3c4a1e6a9e386ee48cd547bb70382dd6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

tangoparson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2017
    Clean the oily dirt off, and then get gorilla brand and wrap it around it. Should work till you can get a new boot.

Thanks.

A fuel stop and a roll of true duck tape that had been laying in the bed for who knows how long wasn’t my best work.

Got it home, that was the important part. Just had to take my time getting up to speed and keep an eye on the EGTs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Game plan for the sprockets.

Factory front on the CB is 15 teeth. CBR has 16 teeth. Honda says something about lower gearing for a more street friendly bike. Meaning they went down a tooth on the front sprocket. I'm staying with a 525 chain. I don't need a 520.

One reduction of a tooth on the front sprocket equals three teeth added to the rear sprocket.

The current ratio of the factory. 15 front and 42 in the rear; 2:80.

motorcycle-sprocket-drive-ratio-chart.jpg

To get that ratio lowered to 3:0...

I need a +3 rear sprocket without changing the front. 15 front, 45 rear. It'll need a new chain. A bigger rear sprocket will suck the tire in making for a shorter wheelbase. Smaller sprocket will open it up.

Surprisingly, I have a chain breaker. The factory has no master link. It's an endless chain. The replacement will have a master link. One of those tools you come across and something tells you to hang on to it. Glad I did.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Always the technicals.

Going by this program. 15/45 with a 27" to 27.5" center point between the sprockets.

https://rbracing-rsr.com/chainlength.html

It says at the factory length and gearing. 15/42 calls for a 116 link chain. At 15/45 a 118 link chain fits. The factory chain is already 118.

Since there's two link difference. A 120 link chain should keep the axle in the middle of the adjustable movement.

And of course. A chain is expensive. $115

https://www.motosport.com/sunstar-525-rdg-dualguard-sealed-chain

Top Bottom