ARJ Defense ad

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    cradle support, no flats
    How would you use the cradle support on this? That's about a 1.5" square.

4c_jack_point.jpg

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    My new truck failed inspection due to tinted front windows.

So driver out their driveway, and directly to a shop across the street, where it passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My new truck failed inspection due to tinted front windows.

So driver out their driveway, and directly to a shop across the street, where it passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did this exact thing last year.

Used a shop fir a decade. Then one day a new guy tells me my Tahoe failed inspection due to a leaky power steering hose. Seriously?

So I take all my and my kids cars to a shop a mile away.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Yep. Should've took it to the car wash and cleaned it up. Sprayed all the oil off.

A good inspector should be able to locate leaks. The assembly should be cleaned spotless so he can see everything.

*Grin

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    When working at Freightliner, I could usually tell when someone was trying to hide a leak. They would wash everything they could see standing up, but didn't bother washing all the caked oil on the bottom of the oil pan and crossmembers. Nobody ever thinks to get low and wash.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    When working at Freightliner, I could usually tell when someone was trying to hide a leak. They would wash everything they could see standing up, but didn't bother washing all the caked oil on the bottom of the oil pan and crossmembers. Nobody ever thinks to get low and wash.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

That's DOT commercial. On a passenger truck or a car with mileage. The hoses typically weep. On the low pressure side. The high pressure is incredibly stout but it will weep when it gets older. If the fluid gets low enough you'll hear that steering pump noise as an audio reminder.

It's classic anyway. Now the steering is electric. No pump, no fluid res, no belt, no hoses, no brackets. Less for the guy at the inspection station to Nick pick.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    That's essentially what I was doing before. Glad to know that's what a professional would do as well!
    I had 4x4 and 6x6 all over the place. I like wood because its soft enough to let bolt heads and welds etc make a dent and when they do that it become very hard for the vehicle to shift or slide.

I learned as a kid on the ranch, my dad was serious about safety and trucks, tractor break downs, had to change tires or have some trouble getting a tractor implement attached and it weights 500 lbs, you don't shift around with your elbow.

Yes we had a hi lift jack, in fact I still have one out in the barn, never have used it and if it did in an automotive application it would be my first time. But I have used them often to stretch barbed wire... for auto use they have put more people in an emergency room or a morgue than anything outside of driving under the influence.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Got the new chain strung on the CB1000r. I have proved that of you don't care for it, it will not last. I also installed the quick turn throttle tube. It was some trickery to swap the grip and switch the cables around but worth the fiddling.

It makes for way better throttle control, way less movement.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I had 4x4 and 6x6 all over the place. I like wood because its soft enough to let bolt heads and welds etc make a dent and when they do that it become very hard for the vehicle to shift or slide.

I learned as a kid on the ranch, my dad was serious about safety and trucks, tractor break downs, had to change tires or have some trouble getting a tractor implement attached and it weights 500 lbs, you don't shift around with your elbow.

Yes we had a hi lift jack, in fact I still have one out in the barn, never have used it and if it did in an automotive application it would be my first time. But I have used them often to stretch barbed wire... for auto use they have put more people in an emergency room or a morgue than anything outside of driving under the influence.
    I have two different HiLift-type jacks. For me, their only uses involve offroad recovery applications. They make great manual recovery tools to winch with.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Then one day a new guy tells me my Tahoe failed inspection due to a leaky power steering hose. Seriously?
    I would have asked them how the **** that is relevant to a state inspection...

1. Horn
    2. Windshield Wipers
    3. Mirror
    4. Steering
    5. Seat Belts
    6. Brakes (system) Parking - (beginning with 1960 models)
    7. Tires
    8. Wheel Assembly
    9. Safety Guards or Flaps (if four tires or more on rearmost axle)
    10. Exhaust System
    11. Exhaust Emission System (beginning with 1968 models)
    12. Beam Indicator (beginning with 1948 models)
    13. Tail Lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
    14. Stop Lamps (3) 1994 and newer; (2) if 1960-1993; (1) if 1959 model or earlier
    15. License Plate Lamp (1)
    16. Rear Red Reflectors (2)
    17. Turn Signal Lamps (beginning with 1960 models) (mea-sure if 1959 model or earlier)
    18. Head Lamps (2)
    19. Motor, Serial, or Vehicle Identification Number
    20. Gas caps on vehicles 2-24 model years old
    21. Window Tint.

Top Bottom