ARJ Defense ad

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Interesting devise, too bad it costs so much. Anyway thanks for the excellent explanations GHG.
    I get it now. I think for me and my riding style, it's better just to leave it as the Honda engineers intended. I'm kind of a slow poke old guy.

Well, the factory has basically tuned and made the motor to be all it can be. The 700 in your bike was engineered for the Adventure style of motorcycle. Aftermarket exhaust doesn't really do that much. 6hp(?).

The thing with my bike is the factory exhaust consists of a huge metal box behind the main pipes. It's heinous. The bike as it is, sounds like typewriter. The factory exhaust is welded from engine to muffler. The only real way to get a better sound is replace the whole Damn assembly.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    The arrow stuff is good kit. I put a 4-2-1 setup from them on my CB1000R. Along with the Akrapovic can and a fuel tuner and it was over a 1K upgrade. Probably not a ton of power gained but a good couple handfuls of weight lost. The sound alone was good for a loss of 10mpg. It sounds so much better, you cant help but twisting it for fun...

With the power comander, I went on there site and downloaded a fuel map for the headers, can and high flow engine air filter. They had probably 15 different setups to pick from.

After it was all installed I went off to one of the motorcycle shops with a dyno and had them do a couple pulls. The AFR was spot on enough that it wasn't worthessing with.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Y'all please explain the booster plug to me. Do you run that by itself or do you use that with an aftermarket exhaust?

You can do either; I know a few riders that use them, they claim it smoothes out throttle response, and it is supposed to richen up fuel mixture to minimize lean backfires

Sent from my iPhone with a general disregard for the masses

Last edited:

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Thanks for all the good input guys, y'all know a lot more than I do about this stuff.

GHG, the bracket you made sure is a big improvement to the back of your bike. Good job!!

I just ordered a center stand for mine. It will make life a lot easier doing maintenance.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Thanks for all the good input guys, y'all know a lot more than I do about this stuff.

GHG, the bracket you made sure is a big improvement to the back of your bike. Good job!!

I just ordered a center stand for mine. It will make life a lot easier doing maintenance.

Thanks, Mr Dave.

I've been seriously considering a lift table. My knees ain't what they use to be. Squatting down all the time messing with the bike takes a toll.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Should be able to find a used one at a decent price.

I haven't seen any used ones. The cheapest option is the harbor freight. With a coupon it'll run ~$300.

Next in line is $500 with 1000lbs capacity...

https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Ramps-...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01KKKDLPA

Then they go up in price even more. Either because it's rated at 1500-2000lbs or because it comes with a bunch of accessories.

https://www.redlinestands.com/catal...lifts-c-290_110/lifting-tables-c-290_110_111/

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    My research is done. After going through page after page. Watching lots of videos. Reading all the people that hate and the ones that love it. Using the money from the sale of the Suzuki...I can afford it.

Here's the final picks.

Two Brothers Tarmac.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/two-brothers-tarmac-exhaust-system-honda-cbr650f-2014-2016

two_brothers_tarmac_cbr650_750x750.jpg

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dynojet-pcfc-fuel-controller-honda-cbr650f-cb650f

dynojet_pcfc_fuel_controller_honda_cbr650_f20142015_750x750.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Reading up on the Booster Plug. What it does is trick the ECM into thinking that the outside air temp around the bike is 20° colder. The ECM, in turn, ups the fuel by 6% across the board. Makes it runs richer.

I'm still looking at the Booster Plug. There's $50 dollar difference between the Power Commander and the Plug. Neither has any completely negative reviews.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    just scored these for free, brand new, not stolen. gonna put it in my work car and play rap music

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    View attachment 152194

That would give folks around Killeen a boner. They look like 14's. 1500watts is enough to rattle the rearview mirror off the windshield.

The motorcycle parts are getting ordered on Monday. I've purposely sabotaged myself until then. I have to tell the bank to open up my debit card for 24hrs before I can place the order.

I'm out on the Power Commander. If it was getting dyno 'ed and I threw more money at it. Then sure. I going with the BoosterPlug®. The exhaust will still be the Two Brothers.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    That would give folks around Killeen a boner. They look like 14's. 1500watts is enough to rattle the rearview mirror off the windshield.

12s... just did some research on the amp, which is meh. 1500w max, at 2 ohms (which I plan to wire to - dual 2ohm) it's good for approx 946wrms.
    Subs can take 400wrms max. So I should be fine. Maybe.

I just think it's hilarious because I'm putting it in my work car. Most I ever spent on a work car is air fresheners and window tint. It takes up 75% of the trunk.

I don't doubt the Killeen folk would love it. Even the military people seem a bit more... urban than other places.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I'm going to do some Sunday tinkering.

I'm going to play around with a can of this,

blaze_orange.png

I have a gallon can of the black. Came across it when someone moved out the neighborhood. Brand new can of it. The guy bought too much and threw the rest away.

The black sure doesn't look like this,

Plasti-Dip%20Blaze%20Orange.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Brains, what are you trying to say? I should use it for interior decorating?

That's a bit outside my box of skills. No idea where bright orange would fit in the Zen of things.

This crap fish eyed. The base has to be white or its no where near the bright shade either. There go's my $10 bucks-O-fun.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom