Capitol Armory ad

what is the best 45 pistol in your opinion?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good to see you back.
    I don't reckon that you could go wrong with that choice.

Welcome back.
    Good to see you post again.

If you post only once and start a provocative thread you will find you get accused of being a troll.
    I never though that.

I figured you are more likely to be a Russian election-influencer posting from Volgograd.
    Добро пожаловать
    :)
    #suspectedrussian

Fred Defender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Alachua, FL
    I’ve carried this for some years .... Wilson’s Tactical Carry ... they’re not cheap, but my life isn’t either !!

Anything by Wilson makes me drool. Several years ago after a nice year-end bonus, the wife let me spring for a Nighthawk Bob Marvel Custom. I just don't get to the range with it as often as I would like (it is 30 miles away). But what a wonderful piece of machinery.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I find there is an extreme lack of pictures and explanations in this thread.

Troll or no troll, just saying 1911 IMO isn't a good answer. From what I've seen there are good ones and bad ones, and since, although I'm not in a hurry, I'm looking to buy a 1911, I certainly was hoping for better responses.

Fred Defender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Alachua, FL
    Sorry, easy. Bob Marvel Custom with Overland Gun Leather holster. I recommend getting one of each.

Attachments

• BMC and holster.jpg
      BMC and holster.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 167

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Sorry, easy. Bob Marvel Custom with Overland Gun Leather holster. I recommend getting one of each.
    Beautiful! I will keep that in mind for when I win the lottery. I have an extensive list of high end guns just for that occasion.

P.S. I am jealous though.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Springfield Range Officer Champion. Our Academy had them last weekend for $875.
    Saw that, but like I said, I'm not in a big hurry. Plus I need to at least wait until payday. There was a few at Ally Outdoors in my range that I've been thinking about too. I may have to go back and see what they have again.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Saw that, but like I said, I'm not in a big hurry. Plus I need to at least wait until payday. There was a few at Ally Outdoors in my range that I've been thinking about too. I may have to go back and see what they have again.

Ally also has a few on consignment, which I also thought was kinda cool.

Fred Defender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Alachua, FL
    I've had my eye on this at LGS for a while. I'm a SIG fan. I own a P938 and the wife carries a P232. I've read good things about the SIG 1911. It's funny - I own a Nighthawk. But once the 1911 bug bites, one just isn't enough. Whenever I see a photo of a Dan Wesson ECO, I want one. But I have read of too many reliability issues with the ECO. Too bad. Because it is such a darned good-looking gun. Kind of like learning that the cute cheerleader is a complete b****.

Attachments

• SIG 1911-0318.jpg
      SIG 1911-0318.jpg
      307.3 KB · Views: 168
    Top Bottom