Lynx Defense

What is the best deal going on quality AR mags right now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Just wondering. I only have 12, which fills up my mag vest. I want like 8 more.
    Lynx Defense

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Yeah thats what ive been using, Kinda wanted to try something different, but no shitty millspec.

What does everyone think about lancer L5?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    PMags, no windows. I can find them <$14 all day long and they should last forever.

The Lancer is supposed to be a damn good magazine. Haven't got my paws on one yet, though. Plus I'm loving the PMag for the most part. Wish it would take up a little less room in a pouch, but they seem really well-built.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    So the only GI mag experience I have is the garbage C products that came with my AR. How are the ones with the magpul followers?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Just curious...if pmags work great for literaly everyone....why would you want to go with a GI mag when it only save you about $1 per mag? It appears that EVERY response you got said go PMAG.

But if you insist on going to a lower quality mag, GI mags with magpul followers are pretty decent. I have shot 10's of 1000's of rounds through ARs and have NEVER had a Pmag fail me....had lots of junk military mags and other metal mags....seems like it is a roll of the dice.

Brownell's brand metal AR mags seem to be pretty good, but cost about the same as a PMAG so it doesnt make sense to me.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Pmags are $12.60 at Brownells if you have your C&R license and set up a dealer account. They are the best mags, why buy something inferior when the Pmags are so cheap?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    .. I've seen used GI mags as low as $5. Worth a shot at that price I suppose, but I'm still going to stick with my PMags. I like turnkey, works right out of the gate kind of stuff. There's not really anything wrong with GI mags so long as you don't bend the feed lips and the follower is a no-tilt design... and you don't get a shitty vendor.

With a PMag, I know that none of those are worries. :D

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I bought a bunch of $10 mags through Midway USA and have had great luck with them. They are well made but they differ from Mil sup in that they have a slight curve similar to AK magazines. Catch a sale and buy a bunch. I recommend them.

Flash

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    PMags and some of the other "reliability" mags also have the constant curve like an AK magazine. It helps the ammo move more smoothly inside the magazine, no shifting of the stack as it comes up.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Pmags it is. I just thought the lancers looked cool. They were more expensive than pmags for a while and now they have came down significantly in price.

Function over form every time.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I find that the window on the pmag is fairly worthless and not worth an extra $3 bucks.

Top Bottom