Gun Zone Deals

What is the best deal going on quality AR mags right now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Current production are top notch. Drop free in every AR I've tried so far, function is perfect and they haven't cracked when I've dropped and thrown them. I hear that if you drop them loaded from 8 feet onto concrete, they'll break, but... Who the hell is going to do that?
    ARJ Defense ad

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Current production are top notch. Drop free in every AR I've tried so far, function is perfect and they haven't cracked when I've dropped and thrown them. I hear that if you drop them loaded from 8 feet onto concrete, they'll break, but... Who the hell is going to do that?

Don't give me any ideas.

tx787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Austin
    pmags were $10.99 with $7 shipping at Palmetto a few days ago, not sure if the promo is still on, the code was "turkey"

balloo93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    I have 45 GI type mags (Cproducts, D&H, Okay, Brownells, and Bushmaster) I have Magpul anti-tilt followers, range plates, and upgraded springs on all of them. I rotate them around and keep them stored with 20rds each. All of these drop free and function fine. I paid no more than $5-7 for these and most of the time picked up the followers on the cheap.

I have 6 GI type mags with Magpul followers and ranger plates in FDE that i use as my bang around mags for drills. They do not always drop free in my Rock river lower but drop free about 85% of the time in my Stag lower. I like to use these mags at the range to make reloads more unpredictable. The range mags have been dropped, thrown, banged around and used frequently and they still march on.

I have 8 Pmags (2 windowed and 6 non window) and these work great as well, but these are loaded with TAP and kept in the rifles in the safe and in a back-pack for a grab and go senario.

I've been thinking about picking up a CMMG 42rd mag to try them out. Someone else also makes a "extreme duty" 45rd mag I wouldn't mind getting. When Magpul finally releases their 40rd Pmag I will have a couple of those as well.

I have a few no-name 40rd mags as well right now and they are complete crap!

Top Bottom