• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    !Oy Vey! Get a LTC or don't, stop kavetching about it. They do a background check on you whether you need/want it every six months to make sure you didn't do a wife beater, or disturbing the peace, or something worse. That is nothing. When the Government crawls up your butt for a security clearance, than you can get paranoid. I got nailed and interrogated every time, because my sister was born in Turkey on an Airforce Base. You would have thought they were hunting a terrorist or some crap. So, stop Dale Gribeling or Rusty Shackleferding and just get your CHL/LTC and then you won't have to worry one way or the other.

topduarte

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2017
    This might be my new EDC. Colt Government model in 380.

Attachments

• 380 1.jpg
      380 1.jpg
      856.5 KB · Views: 478

cb51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    Georgetown Tx.
    I'm still carrying my little NAA mini .22 a lot. Just so easy to drop the pocket holster in the pocket and forget about it. I do carry the S&W J frame some, but most times its the mini .22. A second one goes inside waistband in front. The two NAA's are easier to carry than one J frame. One goes in right front pocket, the other in waistband in front where it can be grabbed by left hand.

I may have to get around to trying a Ruger LCP one of these days. But it's funny, after going through the trouble of getting the license after moving here, I don't feel anywhere near the threat level like back in D.C. where you really didn't want to be caught without a gun in some parts of town.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I'm still carrying my little NAA mini .22 a lot. Just so easy to drop the pocket holster in the pocket and forget about it. I do carry the S&W J frame some, but most times its the mini .22. A second one goes inside waistband in front. The two NAA's are easier to carry than one J frame. One goes in right front pocket, the other in waistband in front where it can be grabbed by left hand.

I may have to get around to trying a Ruger LCP one of these days. But it's funny, after going through the trouble of getting the license after moving here, I don't feel anywhere near the threat level like back in D.C. where you really didn't want to be caught without a gun in some parts of town.
    You might try the LCP2, it’s a completely different feel and trigger than the original.

cb51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    Georgetown Tx.
    Yeah, might not feel like the same threat level, but it's not like these things are scheduled events....

Maybe, but the odds get played. Living in D.C. with high crime rate, gangs of minority thugs looking for victims, and a police department that is as corrupt and some government officials, I feel way way less threat in Georgetown Texas than D.C. The odds of trouble are way away less. I grew up in a high threat environment, I know what a high threat environment is, and this ain't it.

Now 6th street in Austin is a little different.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Maybe, but the odds get played. Living in D.C. with high crime rate, gangs of minority thugs looking for victims, and a police department that is as corrupt and some government officials, I feel way way less threat in Georgetown Texas than D.C. The odds of trouble are way away less. I grew up in a high threat environment, I know what a high threat environment is, and this ain't it.

Now 6th street in Austin is a little different.

I grew up in a bad neighborhood. I'm still in one bad enough to keep the thugs scared off. LOL. I don't feel the need to carry.

The odds are WAY LONG that any here will ever use their weapons outside of a range. But, I understand that it makes them feel safe and I support their freedom of choice to do so. They are making us safer in the process. Bad guys gotta think twice, without the guns, the biggest gorilla takes what he wants.

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    I have been carrying on duty for a long, long time. I haven't stopped the practice. I have found that I have nearly shot someone retired almost as many times as I came close to dropping the hammer on duty. Some fool thought I was a mark until he saw a G-21 ready to end him. He ran away like a little bitch, and stopped reaching in his drawers. I felt nothing, and I still don't. Training kicks in, he was about to eat most of mag of 230gr hollows fired bent elbow and drop like a rock. I guess I am not emotional about such things. BG wants to try to shoot me, I am usually on the OODA loop, before they realize what has happened. Main reason I don't like IWB and prefer OWB with a good cover shirts.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    I have been carrying on duty for a long, long time. I haven't stopped the practice. I have found that I have nearly shot someone retired almost as many times as I came close to dropping the hammer on duty. Some fool thought I was a mark until he saw a G-21 ready to end him. He ran away like a little bitch, and stopped reaching in his drawers. I felt nothing, and I still don't. Training kicks in, he was about to eat most of mag of 230gr hollows fired bent elbow and drop like a rock. I guess I am not emotional about such things. BG wants to try to shoot me, I am usually on the OODA loop, before they realize what has happened. Main reason I don't like IWB and prefer OWB with a good cover shirts.
    Wow, what a bad ass.

:facepalm:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom