Military Camp

What kind of mind-boggling twattery is this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Her talk about growing up with guns is a bunch of crap. If she had either she didn't have parents that taught her about guns or she was against them then. I believe she painted herself as someone that is pro gun to give herself the narrative to point out that pro gun people are for gun control.

And, boom goes the dynamite....

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I posted this long ago, but a review may be appropriate.

Ronnie and Linda own the local Auto Parts store. I've known them for over 25 years. Their Grand Daughter came over to stay often, so they locked up all of their guns.

One night, a guy broke in, Ronnie got out of bed and starting fighting with the thug. They wrestled around for a while and Ronnie got stabbed 11 times! Meanwhile, Linda picked up an antique farm implement and began beating the guy over the head with it. The BG had enough and ran out the door. He was apprehended later and actually did prison time for the robbery/burglary.

Ronnie healed up and is still running the Auto Parts store.

I never had the heart to ask them what they thought about locking up their guns, but their misery sure persuaded me that locking up ALL of my guns is not a good idea.

Flash

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Most times, statisitics don't completely factually represent the data they claim to represent, either- the data is manipulated or otherwise spun to fit the agenda the data is presented for. So... I'm also hoping you can understand how much stock I put into stats/studies as basis for forming an opinion.

The most blatant example is the oft-cited "study" that "proves" having a gun in the house makes it 3549272743 more likely to be shot.

Once you look into the methodology for this study, it's mind-numbingly retarded. They started with "somebody got shot, lets ask if there was a gun in the house", with the expected result that, yes, this being America, there most likely was, which led to the preconceived conclusion that it is more likely to get shot if there's a gun in the house".

An honest approach would have been to ask "hey, do you have a gun in the house? Yes? Cool. Anybody here ever got shot?" which would have resulted in a more realistic result of "no positively trending correlation found, if anything it makes it less likely to get shot if you have a gun in the house".

Not making this up:

By far the most famous series of studies on this issue was conducted in the late 1980s and 1990s by Arthur Kellermann, now dean of the F. Edward Hébert School of Medicine at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, and his colleagues. In one, published in 1993 in the New England Journal of Medicine and funded by the CDC, he and his colleagues identified 444 people who had been killed between 1987 and 1992 at home in three U.S. regions—Shelby County, Tennessee, King County, Washington State, and Cuyahoga County, Ohio—and then collected details about them and their deaths from local police, medical examiners and people who had been close to the victims.

rdcott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2018
    Katy
    I posted this long ago, but a review may be appropriate.

Ronnie and Linda own the local Auto Parts store. I've known them for over 25 years. Their Grand Daughter came over to stay often, so they locked up all of their guns.

I never had the heart to ask them what they thought about locking up their guns, but their misery sure persuaded me that locking up ALL of my guns is not a good idea.

Flash

An old, wise gun range mentor once told me, "If you're going to unload them and then lock them up- what's the point in even having them for personal protection? How many perps are gonna give you a "time out" for unlocking AND loading your gun(s)?"

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    An old, wise gun range mentor once told me, "If you're going to unload them and then lock them up- what's the point in even having them for personal protection? How many perps are gonna give you a "time out" for unlocking AND loading your gun(s)?"
    They don't give you a "time out"? I guess I will have to amend my earlier post.

rdcott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2018
    Katy
    They don't give you a "time out"? I guess I will have to amend my earlier post.

According to every anti-gun activist:
    It depends on whether your "Gun Free Zone" sign is plainly visible... you must also subtract 3 seconds for using an AR (which is any gun that fires more than one bullet and utilizes a clip)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    "Mom.me/contributor" -everything we need to know, right there. No doubt, an offshoot of MeToo and BelieveHer movements...

Quick check shows that it was launched on Mother day in 2012, long before either of those pound movements were happening. It’s just a weird “mom” blog that seems to have a leftist slant like most modern internet blogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdcott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2018
    Katy
    Quick check shows that it was launched on Mother day in 2012, long before either of those pound movements were happening. It’s just a weird “mom” blog that seems to have a leftist slant like most modern internet blogs.

Thanks... but, does it really matter, given the context there? :banghead::usflag:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Thanks... but, does it really matter, given the context there? :banghead::usflag:

Only in that this Twattery existed long before the new movements started. I think the article itself is from 2014 or something.

Edit: from 2016

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    My wife had absolutely zero interest in guns (from upstate NY) and now she's got as many or more than I do, and laughs at articles like that.
    Likewise, didnt MIND em but had no particular interest, then the world changed around her. (in general, no particular reason)

She suddenly said we need more guns and she wanted her CHL. Wow. That started our serious foray into the gun world about 3 or so years ago. Two years later, the safe is full.

Today she takes great joy in pointing out that she owns more guns than anyone in the house...:green: (and picked up the steel Witness in 45 this weekend)

She got me an XDM 45 for xmas a few years ago...recently she
    took it back <rolleyes>

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Fair enough- then, let me rephrase my response: Does it matter from when or where the Twattery came?

There's a three part documentary on Netflix, a Ken Burns piece about "Prohibition", what led to it, how people dealt with it, and how it ended. Should give you a few ideas. It's eerily similar to the anti-gun movement.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom