What kind of pet's do you have?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by mac79912, Nov 24, 2008.

1. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    I prefer my dog's but I also have some cool cat's.I have a 12 year old Lab that is no longer a dog, he is family.I would like to hear what kind of pet's you have.

2. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    1 9yo Weimeraner (chocolate not silver), 1 gray cat, and 3 ducks. Had 2 weimers but the male had to be put down recently, had 2 cats but one disappeared, and have had varying numbers of ducks but always have one ugly SOB that won't go away or die.

3. DrBart2

DrBart2 Active Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I had a Basenji pass away just recently. He was a very odd dog, but we enjoyed his life with us. We are now down to one house cat. When she goes, I doubt if we will get anymore pets. Here is a picture of a Basenji. They do not bark. Our Basenji looked just like this one.

4. sharky47

sharky47 Active Member

May 4, 2008
    I have a 5 y.o. Great Dane and a 3-4 y.o. Doberman Pinscher, both are female and both are rescue association dogs. Both of them are incredibly well behaved and very loyal/loving - rescue dogs really are the best.

The dane was a neglect case, when the rescue group got her she had no hair and her skin was in real bad shape due to untreated demodex. She has made a full recovery via inexpensive medication, there really is no excuse for demodex, so easy/cheap to fix........

The dobie was a situation where the owner/s got a cute puppy and brought it home to a condo with no yard at all. Then the puppy got big......they ended up surrendering her to a local resue group. No abuse, just not a compatible living situation and the previous owners did the right thing in the end. All I had to do was work with her in an obediance class and at home. She is very smart and has a very high desire to please, so this was a relativly easy task.

5. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Dax;

0501082.jpg

6. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    One rat terrier and one fox terrier.

7. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Dax says, "ummm, lunch!" lol

8. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Two English Bulldogs, Enzo and Lola, both almost 4 yrs old.

9. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    At least they aren't named after the German stock exchange :tongueout:

10. carneyman

carneyman Active Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    Two dogs, Lena, about 1 1/2 years old, shes a german shephard, chow, something else mix. She started out as a wild pup and we got her from the shelter. Thought she was gonna be calm...she's proved us wrong!
    DSCF0424.gif

My other dog is at my parents, Gomer. He's a Australian Shepard mixed with who knows what else. Him and his sister showed up at our house one day. She got ran over that night and he's been there for about 9 years.
    gomer.gif