• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I carry in a chest rig, always have. I don't have a big waist, 32", 6' 2" 190 lb, time I get my cell fone, keys, knife most of the real estate is taken. In the summer time I just keep it close in the truck, with an F 350 crew cab I can carry an arsenal in there.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Most of my carry is about 3:30, right behind my right hip. If I'm doing a lot of driving, I sometimes use a CD holster, rides at 10:00. Easier to draw when sitting. Comfort depends on the belt, body build, gun, and individual carrying. As mentioned mot have several holsters in a drawer that didn't work for them. Only carry I won't consider is SOB. Have had back problems in the past, and one good impact with a gun/holster on my lower back, and I'll be out of action for at least couple of weeks.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Any suggestions for a good gun belt? Right now I'm just using the leather belt I've always used. Doesn't seem sturdy enough.

Wilderness makes a belt called Instructor that is great.
    I used one with a titanium buckle for about 6 years.

Now I'm using a "Klik belt", and it's pretty good.

Very comfortable while still stiff

txbirddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Just a heads up. Go to Walmart and get you a plastic shoe box. This will be for the several holsters you will try trying to find the right one(s). I’m currently using a Kangaroo Carry for jackletless attire and Panther concealment with jacket or untucked shirt. Their paddle really conceals well.

With belts, Hanks and COMPTAC are my favorites as I like leather and wear dress attire most days.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I carry in a chest rig, always have. I don't have a big waist, 32", 6' 2" 190 lb, time I get my cell fone, keys, knife most of the real estate is taken. In the summer time I just keep it close in the truck, with an F 350 crew cab I can carry an arsenal in there.

That would be a great plan if you never got out of your truck.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Also what Charlie said about buying shirts with longer shirt tails is a good idea!

Search the forum for gun belts - there’s been lots of discussions on that topic. Generally, they’ll take two forms; the better ones are either thick because of two thicker leather layers sown together or they’re thinner with some kind of thin stiffener layer (either a polymer or metal) sown in between.

The ones I shy away from are the very thick single layer thickness belts. My experience has been they start off well but loose their stiffness with wear (especially if they get wet - as in caught in a rain storm - they just never recover). IMHO; YMMV
    True dat. I laugh my ass off every time those "untuckit" commercials come on . . . . I mean, why the hell would anyone want a fitted, shortish, untucked shirt that won't permit the shirt to cover a concealed firearm? Oh yeah--those commercials are aimed at metromales who would gasp in terror if they even touched a firearm. :lol:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Guys, I must be doing something wrong...I haven't bought any holsters that didn't work for me. The only one I have that I can't use is one I inherited with the pistol that fits it, and I've replaced that one with an AlienGear.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom