Patriot Mobile

What skills do you have that make you valuable post-shtf?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    55093836ae30904049ede6b9d0048cec.jpg

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I can delegate tasks better than anyone I know. Some even get angry with me I do it so well because I make it look so easy. My other skills are listed in order of importance on my spreadsheet for reference when SHTF.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I don't have too many good skills. I have learned that I'm pretty calm in a dramatic situation so that's at least good.

Being a shrinky type person, I can help treat people who get depressed or shell shocked; I know how to help people to compartmentalize emotional trauma, self soothe and move forward. The ones that lose it, I can assess and decide if we need to tell them to "look at the flowers" before they endanger our group.
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/ben...KSu3TprmXaGhpTtzhEjG_LN6ZO5Em6wQPHhoCHObw_wcB

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I can fart on demand. This will come in really handy when you need someone for bait. I can fart (usually really bad), they come after me, you kill them before they kill me. Hopefully. Otherwise you only get my services once.

I am a great cook. I can make duck egg omelttes out of almost anything. I can cook venison so that it doesn't taste like venison. Or if we get tired of it not tasting like venison? I can make it taste like venison.

I have almost four guns. So there's that. And all almost four have ammo to go with them.

I can tie all kinds of knots. I'll just leave it at that. (wink, wink)

I am really super duper fat, so if the SHTF involves water? I can be a temporary flotation device.

I know how to make shine. So if we can commandeer a grain silo, we got booze. I guess we will have to worry about the smell when we get there.

I know how to work on cars, boats and motorcycles. I can keep your motors running, assuming gas is available.

I can walk a really long time with a lot of weight on me. Pack. Mule.

I know basic first aid. If you catch a bullet, your screwed. If you get a blister, I can help.

I have an awesome first aid kit. It even has gauze in it. In case someone needs to blow their nose. Not sure what else its used for.

The scary part is that I've met Deemus and everything he has stated here is absolutely true.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    I don't have too many good skills. I have learned that I'm pretty calm in a dramatic situation so that's at least good.

Being a shrinky type person, I can help treat people who get depressed or shell shocked; I know how to help people to compartmentalize emotional trauma, self soothe and move forward. The ones that lose it, I can assess and decide if we need to tell them to "look at the flowers" before they endanger our group.

Those people won't be alive to endanger the group

Sent from my iPhone?

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    texasnurse;[URL="tel:1552808" said:
    1552808[/URL]]Those people won't be alive to endanger the group

Sent from my iPhone?

dammit, ok. Let me try another option.

I'm a good actor. I can play a role to trick someone or decoy or lure them in or distract them so our group can gain advantage. How's that?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Thanks for the reminder.

I am really super duper fat, so if the SHTF ...
    ...my body can be rendered down into enough heating oil to keep the group warm (or at least provide reading light) over the course of a long, hard winter.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'd rather have ^^that as a neighbor and mind my own than anything else mentioned in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Hydroponic engineering.
    Honestly, the ability to keep a plentiful supply of tilapia alive in my backyard is something that would be of high value in truly screwed-up times. I've read about the practice and it just seems like there are so many things that can and generally do go wrong.

Can you recommend a good "For Dummies" reference book?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Honestly, the ability to keep a plentiful supply of tilapia alive in my backyard is something that would be of high value in truly screwed-up times. I've read about the practice and it just seems like there are so many things that can and generally do go wrong.
    It is a lot of effort... Eggs are a super food. Much easier to keep chickens or ducks. The birds can essentially eat garbage or things we don't want to eat (seeds, bugs, etc), and you get a steady supply of complete meals out their butts.

I have pondered the idea of making a complete system where I use the "duck water" as fertilizer for aquaponic food for both me and them, and to grow lots of algae for tilapia. Just letting the birds do what they do naturally is pretty easy, tho.

Last edited:
    Reactions: gll
    Top Bottom