• ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I’m glad you let him out.

We’ve had a few snakes around the house, including one in the house recently, and as I’ve told the wife, do you want mice in the house or snakes in the yard?

I have no problem with snakes. Though from a religious point of view I understand the serpent’s place, and the fear and distrust of them. As we have been given dominion over the animals I don’t fear them but understand their place, and mine, in this wonderful creation.

Having said that, like anything else in this world, threaten my family and I will surely show you my place in the food chain.
    Target Sports

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    When I came outside I went in the garage first & heard what I thought was the snake rattling. I went from thinking my wife was overreacting to, "Sh-- just got real!" in no time. I thought I had a shovel in the garage but they were all down in the barn. So, I go out to face a possible rattler with a dang push broom.

Thankfully it was just this guy.

I read they are really good climbers. He must have climbed up the door track & hidden on the door until I started lowering it. He was about 5' up in those pictures.

Rat snakes can climb a brick wall.

Wife found one over the top of the doorway one time.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    As a long time surrogate dog catcher...will advise its aggressive.

They usually are. I have caught a couple that weren't, both pretty much full grown. They both wound up biting me, one when I caught it a few days later, and one while I was playing with it sitting on the recliner a day or two after catching it.

But usually, they will assume the "S" strike position and rattle their tails, and make hissing strikes.They aren't kidding and will back it up if trapped or feeling threatened. Usually, it's a quick pop, but sometimes they latch on like a pit bull and shake their heads. Those bites are a little nastier, but they just bleed a bit more and you might find teeth in it.

But, I'm glad to hear he let it go without getting bit. Even my sweetheart I've had for 20 years bit me once and I had to pry her off me. I was chunking live young rats into her enclosure, and she mistook my fingers for a rat. Otherwise, she would never bite me or anyone else.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I got called to bag one sunnning himself on a sunny yup window sill one day. I fought with that thing sorta like old Marlin Perkins wrestled with the giant Anacondas down on the Amazon. That thing was cantankerous. lol.

beatnix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    All this rain in Texas is bringing them out. Had one myself cause some excitement with the dogs and wife a few weeks back when he came out from under the deck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Going to bed one night I saw a Copperhead in the kitchen. I yelled at my wife and she killed it with a butcher knife while I had it pinned down.
    Pics or it didn't happen. Oh, I don't doubt you killed a snake....( too much), but anyone who wants to brag about it surely ought to have pics of a dead snake.

Sorry, but I can kill a Chihuahua and call it a wolf. If I had a nickle for every ratsnake "copperhead" I've seen killed. ...

First off, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING GRABBING A VENOMOUS SNAKE????

Bailiff, remove this man....

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    Pics or it didn't happen. Oh, I don't doubt you killed a snake....( too much), but anyone who wants to brag about it surely ought to have pics of a dead snake.

Sorry, but I can kill a Chihuahua and call it a wolf. If I had a nickle for every ratsnake "copperhead" I've seen killed. ...

I hope you are being sarcastic. Otherwise, you really have problems.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas

Oh ye of little faith.

Attachments

• Copperhead.jpg
      Copperhead.jpg
      64.1 KB · Views: 329
    Top Bottom