26674b7657258a9fc38af83a4c4ee85b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Interesting reading the different reactions.... my own personal policy on snakes is to kill the poisonous ones and leave the others alone. That's around my house. Out in the woods, I just leave em all alone.

They all eat rodents and the king snakes (black with little white or yellowish spots) eat other snakes including the poisonous ones.

And if you leave the no-venomous ones, they take up the space and keep the bad ones away.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Non-venomous snakes are good. (actually, unless they bite you or a loved one, venomous snakes are too, but that's a big, big pill for some to digest..and yes, I agree keep em away)

Mmmkay?

Leave em alone and they'll do you good - like eat mice/rats that won't enter your home/garage/barn because they've been eaten, but if you're one of those 'the only good snake, is a dead snake' phobic neurotics, get help, you're nuts..

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    We had a problem with mice at our last house, even with cats outside. Lots were two acres and everyone, except us, had horses. Didn’t see many snakes but lots of mice. New house still has cats but is more rural and, per the neighbors, more snakes though we’ve only seen a few. Haven’t seen any mice though.

I’ll take snakes over mice any day.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    NO, NO he's not, that's EXACTLY what that is.

Like I said, no doubt you killed a snake. Now no doubt it WASN'T a copperhead. Might have even been someone's escaped pets. Soooo.....bragg all you want, but make it a " harmless" snake. Hmmmm....not so macho now, is it.
    I guess you are "certifiable". Where did you read any macho in my comment? You, also, are not qualified to declare Copperhead or not because the Rat Snake and the Copperhead look very much alike. And, like you tell yourself, you are sloppy and certifiable. Why would anyone even listen to you?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Road Runners and Hawks are better than snakes. Not only do they do a better job of keeping the rats and mice away, they kill the snakes too!

Snakes get killed on sight. Partly because even a non venomous snake can cause heart failure, partly because they eat the chicken eggs, and partly because it triggers the snake lovers.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Well, maybe because they aren't idiots?

Younggun...right there with ya. Quail are ground breeding birds, and it only makes sense. Toads hibernate underground where the basruturds eat them up. The "horny toad" AKA "horned lizard" or "horned toad" are on the endangered species list for the same reason. Fire ants. In the case of the horned toads, the imported red fire ants displaced the native red fire ants, which are the main diet of horned toads.

Inspector43, You are certifiable! A 5 year old can see the difference . I am a snake affianato. IT'S WHAT THE EF I DO. Where in the hell is YOUR EXPERTISE to not only dismiss my assesment, but 2 or 3 other members?

Grow up, man up and STFU.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    There’s a pretty good population of quail where I hunt. They give me mini heart attacks spooking them in the brush. Don’t come across snakes very much. I see a lot of eagles and hawks though

Top Bottom