• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I'm in the "evaluating" stage. I have more than I can shoot yet there are a few holes in my collection for things I'd like to do. One day soon, I'll probably pull out everything, lay 'em all side by side, and decide which duplicates I can sell off.

For example, in .22 pistols I have a Ruger Standard, a MK I, and a MK II. I also have a full-custom target .22 on order. I have 2 obsolete free pistols. I have two S&W revolvers.

If I were smart, I'd sell all the others when the target .22 arrives. Then I'd buy a modern free pistol and a S&W kit gun. At that point, I'd be set for .22 handguns.

Then I should repeat the process for every type of firearm I own multiples of. For example, I have to ask myself why I have 7 (or is it 8? or 9? I forget.) shotguns when I use them so very rarely?

Whether I'll actually go through with this I don't know but that's the way I'm leaning.

If I decide to simplify, I'll post everything here. ;)

What kind of shotguns? I might be interested in helping you out. Haha.
    Military Camp

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    For the most part I don't usually sell much which has led me to have somewhere in the neighborhood of 52 guns give or take. I have more than I NEED but still have some I would love to acquire. The majority of my collection is bolt guns and shotguns and I have only begun expanding the variety in the past couple years. What I've found after turning 21 is that I greatly prefer shooting handguns over long guns and that has been my primary focus as of late. I still really want an STI and a few milsurps but I'm not really lacking much at this point. I'll keep collecting either for the thrill of a new gun, novelty of an oddball, or purely for investment reasons. Collecting is something I enjoy and as much as I love shooting, I love seeing others light up when they shoot my guns more. The fact that most of them continue to go up in value over the years is a nice benefit and safety blanket if I ever fell on hard enough times.

Oh, and chicks dig them.

Miloe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    DFW
    I've told myself that I'm not selling/trading anything, anymore. Unless I'm really starving or me and the guns are about to be kicked out onto the street.
    I'd say that I'm in the whatever catches my eye phase, the real 'need' stuff is covered. My recent purchases have been an odd mix, the last four in order:

MSAR
    Savage 93r17 TR
    Tokerov, actually a CZ52
    PS90

See what I mean, odd stuff, no rhyme or reason.

iamsamcrawdad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Aransas Pass
    since I retired from the military and finally settled down it was game on. the wife is cool with it as long as all our bills are paid. not really into bolt action but definitely want an AR and an AK and a few more hand guns but always looking. 7 and counting and by tomorrow it should be 8.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Less then adequate/beginner.
    Purchased my first hand gun 2 years ago (sr9c) then bought and sold a 20ga pardner pump shotgun and then purchased a lcp this year.

I have 4 guns on the wtb list, hope to have atleast 2 sometime next year...

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Only kind I care about. My lady is a big fan and I couldn't be happier about that fact.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

My wife grew up with brothers. Seems to make a difference. She loves to shoot, and has insisted I buy a couple of guns. My new Vaquero was her idea.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I'm in what i call the "curious" stage.
    Been shooting for over 40years now and have fired just about everything you can think of.
    I see some old antique or modern new item if it piques my interest I'll research and usually try it.
    Have bought, sold, and traded lots that I lost interest in.
    These days it's all pretty much funky range toys.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I have a dozen 1911s so far but want more. STI is what I want to buy next. The semi auto pistols I have are ones I like too much to sell. I just need a Sig P226 and a Beretta 92 FS stainless. I am good on ARs and AKs but want a M1A so bad.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I think my next big purchase will be a semi-auto in .308 - perhaps an M1A or XCRM. After that I'm good for a while. I've been largely focused on acquiring ammo and reloading components recently...

I've actually been thinking about selling off a few of the rifles I don't shoot much but I can't seem to bring myself to part with them :)

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm jaded. Went through the "wow that's neat phase" and sold the FS2000, Sig 556, FNC, and now all I have are ARs.

Anything I buy now is either in danger of being banned or will increase in value.

Hahah, I went through the same phase. Now I'm looking for stuff that's either practical and fits a perceived need, or is older and strikes me as really cool, usually old military rifles like my M39 or FR-8, but I've been looking at cowboy stuff more and more lately... and I've always wanted a Springfield Trap Door.

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    I like what I have, I'd like to pick up a FN FNX for the cool factor and a shotgun set up for 3 Gun.
    Other than that I need some good glass for my .308 and a can someday.

Marlowe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    out in the boonies
    I just kind of get a hard-on for some specific gun or caliber, finally get it and then move on to the next hard-on... Current erections are to build a .204 ruger AR, a pistol-caliber lever rifle, and possibly a .44 Mag double-action revolver. Of course, 1911's are pretty much on the list at all times.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I would like one more rifle to fill a niche. But overall I have all I need for most situations and environments.

Top Bottom