What stage of gun ownership are you in?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
When i was young i had just a 10/22 and shotgun. I didnt see any need for a pistol.

I went off to college and after several people were shot to death within 2 blocks of my apartment i went and bought a cheap but reliable handgun, a Makarov. Later an AR and a bolt action rifle.

Then strangely enough, while i was in the military i wasnt really into buying guns or shooting. I guess shooting machine guns and M16/M4 several times a year on pop up target ranges was enough fun.

After the time in the military i got back into guns. I was a Ruger fanboy. I thought they could do no wrong and i bought a lot of Rugers. I then sold most of them as i found out what i prefer in pistols and rifles. (still dont have shotgun preference figured out)

So long story short...after buying and selling a lot of guns, ive mostly figured out what i like, need and want. I try to buy to keep now. I was big on having a backup for each gun but ive gotten away from that and basically have a gun for each "slot" or "need". Ive started keeping my guns long term which makes me more willing to get extra mags, parts and customize them a bit such as putting on better sights.

So where are you at in your buying/collecting/owning?

Last edited:

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
May 22, 2010
kyletx
I wanted everything at first. But now i am happy with what i have.
But as bills get paid i will bet 1 or 2 more a baer, brown. Sti all in ss.
And a . 50 cal semi

Charlie

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 19, 2008
Kerr County
The guns I have now I've had for quite a while, which means I must like them over the ones I've traded/sold. Although I do have seller's remorse for every gun I've ever gotten rid of. I've inherited several guns from family and will probably keep them for the kids and grand kids. Overall I think I happy with what I have (for now ........... :) )

grumper

TGT Addict
Jul 5, 2012
Austin
I'm jaded. Went through the "wow that's neat phase" and sold the FS2000, Sig 556, FNC, and now all I have are ARs.

Anything I buy now is either in danger of being banned or will increase in value.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
Jul 24, 2011
Conroe, TX
I have always been a methodical gun owner. But i just recently got into 22s. Having shot high powered rifles since i was 4 i never saw the lighter side of things. What made me switch to 22lr was i was tired of using expensive 5.56 on small game when 22lr could do the same at a cheaper rate and no overkill.

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members