• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    Happy with my current line up but doubt I will ever stop buying.
    I can fit that category. I have more than 70 and rarely buy anything new, but I'm seriously looking at a .22TCM 1911 pistol. (I love guns that make a big flash--ne ce pas?) I don't do a lot of shooting any more, but I like owning guns for when I want to do some. I won't describe myself as a "Collector" because a "collection" implies a plan (although I suppose "guns that make a loud BOOM and a big flash" might be considered a "plan").:machine:

flashguy

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    I have about 30 firearms but I stopped buying because I have no place to secure them and no place to put another safe. It will be awhile before I buy another gun.

specter77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Bryan, TX
    I am overall happy with what I currently have in Rifles, handguns and one shotgun. That said, there always seems to be something else that I see and then want.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I'm still in the "Recovery" phase. I sold all but one of my approximately 100 firearms when I moved to the U.S. since the BAT&F (there was no "E" back then) informed me that many of the receivers I had attached to the rest of the parts were illegal in the States. The problem is many of the firearms I had are worth many, many times more in the U.S. than they were in Canada and are crazy expensive e.g. Johnson M1941 if not down right impossible to find e.g. U.S. Rifle M14. I'm currently attempting to re-acquire most of the WWII rifles and pistols I had and add to my stock of modern tactical semi-autos.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I can fit that category. I have more than 70 and rarely buy anything new, but I'm seriously looking at a .22TCM 1911 pistol. (I love guns that make a big flash--ne ce pas?) I don't do a lot of shooting any more, but I like owning guns for when I want to do some. I won't describe myself as a "Collector" because a "collection" implies a plan (although I suppose "guns that make a loud BOOM and a big flash" might be considered a "plan").:machine:

flashguy
    n'est-ce pas.

RobbieH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Temple, TX
    I have the belief that the value of firearms/ammo are greater than the paper they cost, and they will always appreciate in value. Whereas paper, well...we all know where that's heading...

My 'collection' fills my needs, but my 'wants' will always haunt me with every paycheck. I'm slowly switching from making this a hobby to making it a practical investment. I made a loose agreement with the Mrs. that the only things I will pursue are ammo, magazines, and things that make the weapons run better/more reliable.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Pretty happy for the most part, but want a few things. Also need ammo prices to revert back a year, but thatll never happen

Parasite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Due to my work travel and distance to a range, I'm more of a collector these days. Though I definitely plan to ramp up the shooting practice when I get to TX permanently!
    As for my firearm collection, if I had to quit today I'd be satisfied with what I have. But that's just silly talk. I'll always be looking to improve my collection through trades and purchases...FOREVER!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...need ammo prices to revert back a year...

... i agree about ammo prices.
    I would like to see them go back to reasonable. I realized at one point during the last Hicksville meet that I was shooting up 9mm ammo that I bought for $2.95/box, $70/case.

I doubt I'll ever see it again. It's gone along with $65 SKSs shooting ammo that cost $65 a case.

Top Bottom