Join TexasGunTalk

What to do about scumbags checking car doors at night?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Fosty 2.0, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Fosty 2.0

Fosty 2.0 Member

Mar 28, 2019
    Austin
    So recently a group of assholes has been going around checking for unlocked car doors so they can steal shit.

I'm pretty pissed off because they checked my wife's car (maybe stole a box cutter). I saw a group of 3 of them the other night, and later found out that 3 pricks got into the neighbors car, so it was most likely them.

What can I legally do to cause as many problems for these assholes as possible?
    Can they sue me if I glue razor blades to the door handles?

2. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    When younger, I saw a guy doing this in my apt parking lot. I went in my apt, got a baseball, and beaned the MF'er (was college baseball pitcher). He went down hard. Dropped the stolen shit and ran off.

deemus, vmax, roadrunner and 5 others like this.
  3. Moonpie

Moonpie DILLIGAF Lifetime Member

Copper Anti-Seize grease under the door handles.
    That stuff gets everywhere.

Just remember to wipe it off before you try to open the door. LMAO.

roadrunner and pronstar like this.
  4. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Would not recommend that.

Sublime likes this.
  5. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

It's called ghosting from what I have been told.I use to see it happing while walking my dog before work 3:30 am. I didn't do anything about it because we lock our vehicles day or nigh. I have seen people inside cars while walking the dog & did nothing for a couple of reasons. #1 The vehicles tend to be those of liberal retards in my area. How do I know they are liberals? Their Obama Bidet signs. #2 I'm not going to confront someone over someone else property unless I have that in writing. #3 I honestly most of the people have insurance. If it is not enough cover what was stolen, they should have left it in their vehicle in plain sight unlocked.

You stupid if you don't think this happens in daylight! Same thing goes for people trying door knobs houses & garage doors. When I first moved in my neighbors told me to always close my garage door even if I'm cutting grass near by because people will see what's in your garage.

EZ-E likes this.
  6. JCC

JCC Active Member

May 1, 2018
    US
    Just had some punks doing that in my neighborhood recently. Took a leather briefcase out of a neighbor lady's car that had her work laptop and iPad along with other work items. Broad daylight around 3:40 Friday afternoon. Other neighbors got them on camera and it is being investigated. Same punks walked back through again recently and we took pictures of them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Lock your doors, park inside, catch them on video, stay up late and call the cops.

Beyond that, you’ll catch more hell than they will.

8. Southpaw

Southpaw I'm gonna git you sucka! TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe
    Had it happen to me when we lived in apartments. Luckily they only got away with a very old and very outdated GPS unit we hadn't used in a long while and truly didn't even remember it until the event jogged my memory that it was there. I consider it a cheap way to learn a valuable lesson. We live in a much better place now, but out of habit, I still will check my doors, rearm the alarm on the cars including the one in the garage.

I think the best thing is to just get in the habit of locking things up always. Believe me, I've had the same machinations of placing countermeasures as well after it happened to me, but I think it only has the potential to bring on unwanted attention from a scumbag who may want to take things to another level.

9. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Pulling on door handles is not a crime. If they enter a vehicle then it is burglary of a vehicle. I would not use force, and damn sure not deadly force, to protect someone else's property.

If you set a trap and cause serious bodily injury you just might find yourself arrested.

Sublime, EZ-E, ZX9RCAM and 5 others like this.
  10. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    "Some" force may be used if you ask me! Touch my car, or other things that belong to me ........... get ready!

TheMailMan likes this.