Texas SOT

What Will You Never Believe Or Understand About Gun Owners...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    One of the more pathetic ones I've heard, "I don't want to shoot my gun because then I'll have to clean it."

No, I am not making that up.

I had that exact thought the other day when I briefly considered taking out the Model 1860.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    One of the more pathetic ones I've heard, "I don't want to shoot my gun because then I'll have to clean it."

No, I am not making that up.
    I have thought, more than one time, that I did not want to clean my gun because then I'd have to shoot it.

That comes from what I was taught about keeping guns clean which was: you shoot them, you clean them, you test fire them to assure you got them back together right...of course then you have to clean them again and then test fire them again and on and on it goes in a never ending spiral.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Something that not only do I not believe that gun owners do but that also drives me nuts:

They put a gun up for sale and post pictures of it with junk all around it, or dirt all over it, or post blurry photos of it, or place a gun with a camo stock atop a camo jacket or something else camo so it blends in, or take 5 pictures all of the same side, or give 10 shots of it that show this little area or that little area but post no overall shots. Damn, you do not need to be a paparazzi to take several good photos of it overall on each side and then three or four sectional pics of it for each side.

What I cannot believe even more are buyers who don't ask for better pics then buy it.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    people who want something on their gun (like a sling) and decide to cludge one together using stuff like an old belt and scotch tape

People who build a rifle for a specific purpose, and use a part that is contrary to their goal, simply because it looks cool, like a magpul UBR on a lightweight AR15

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    BTW, I spent most the day cleaning guns today.

Spent most of the day shooting some. I'll clean them tomorrow during one or more ridiculous meetings that I can't fathom why I'm invited to in the first place.

Ha! There is at least one shooter at work, I wasn't muted and racked a slide he said "was that a gun?" I said what? Wasn't here...

just country

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Texas
    morning, 2 favorite carry pistols. sig 380 copperhead and
    my many 22 pistols. I have 40's-10mm's-45 more 380's
    and a couple of 32's-25cal. I practice a lot with my
    22's. cheap ammo. lots of fun. old golf balls r very
    good targets. good cheap fun. justme gbot tum

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    It was nice when I had an office with a lockable door and I could clean guns all day while taking care of customers :/
    This new company is all open seating space and I think there may be a ningins policy too.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    When gun owners move here from some Commie state claiming 2A restrictions as one of the motives. Then they want to sell a gun but require a BOS, multiple IDs, and even an FFL transfer to "protect themselves".

Sorry, you aren't the Conservative you keep telling yourself that you are. In reality you are just a "I support the 2nd Amendment but....." asshole.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    When gun owners move here from some Commie state claiming 2A restrictions as one of the motives. Then they want to sell a gun but require a BOS, multiple IDs, and even an FFL transfer to "protect themselves".

Sorry, you aren't the Conservative you keep telling yourself that you are. In reality you are just a "I support the 2nd Amendment but....." *******.
    Thread winner right here.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Spent most of the day shooting some. I'll clean them tomorrow during one or more ridiculous meetings that I can't fathom why I'm invited to in the first place.

Ha! There is at least one shooter at work, I wasn't muted and racked a slide he said "was that a gun?" I said what? Wasn't here...
    Well, I was shooting them Saturday.

Top Bottom