• ...and so much more!
  • SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Baked potato and a salad. As I need to lower my A1C, I'm eating rabbit food frequently.
    Beer, BBQ and steak should be healthy foods.
    Both the potato and salad are carbs which will raise your glucose level, as I understand it. Sweet tater is a complex carb and better choice if you can stand it. Plus all the goop you probably put on the tater prolly ain't healthy, but we love it loaded. Add some protein to slow it all down. Took me awhile to understand it all but lost 40 pounds in 6 months and my lab numbers all came way down after years of being "pre-diabetic". I just try and have protein with every meal, even an egg. I agree, beer, bbq and steak should be healthy foods and all are, especially grass fed meat, in that dreaded word "moderation". I have blood pressure issues so have to watch all the sodium in the bbq sauce.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Margherita pizza from HEB with pepperoni and bacon added. Before and after baby spinach added.

Attachments

• EA2B6A25-2458-4E1D-9D22-55134EE92B2D.jpeg
      EA2B6A25-2458-4E1D-9D22-55134EE92B2D.jpeg
      612.1 KB · Views: 53
    • F622A2EF-43D3-454B-BA63-921F0EEFAB32.jpeg
      F622A2EF-43D3-454B-BA63-921F0EEFAB32.jpeg
      727.8 KB · Views: 59
    Last edited:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Stopped at a Subway today. Ordered myself a foot long meatball on some type of Italian Bred (garlic & herb I think). Had it loaded up with pickles, onions and jalapenos (double handful of each) - no cheese. It was terrible even though that is my favorite sandwich at Subway. The sauce tasted like lumpy watered down tomato ketchup - actually much worse. That Subway was in Diana, TX. Never could figure out why a meal bought at a chain does not taste the same from one store to another.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Stopped at a Subway today. Ordered myself a foot long meatball on some type of Italian Bred (garlic & herb I think). Had it loaded up with pickles, onions and jalapenos (double handful of each) - no cheese. It was terrible even though that is my favorite sandwich at Subway. The sauce tasted like lumpy watered down tomato ketchup - actually much worse. That Subway was in Diana, TX. Never could figure out why a meal bought at a chain does not taste the same from one store to another.
    I used to like subway, until I ate at one and was sick for 3 days. Tried again at 2 others, got sick again, and it always tastes like wet cardboard. It's the most worthless fast food, worse even than taco bell.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Tonight, chunks of paleo chicken along with brussels sprouts, 1/3 of a sweet tater, black beans, and strawberries for dessert. What she fixes we eat all week for healthy foods. I've had my heart "invaded" via my right groin by the catheter for pacemaker placement plus triple bypass, two heart attacks last year and stent, all in the last 10 years. We eat like this all week because on Saturdays all bets are off, anything goes, we blow the hell out of any rules. Tex Mex and too many frozen Margaritas with salt, hello Uber, or bbq and beer at Spring Creek.

Top Bottom