• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I brined more pork chops yesterday. They're cut 3/4" thick. 3 total. I made some peas, bean salad with red beans, onions, garlic, 1 Roma tomato and spices, and I bbqed enough potatoes to last my wife a few days. I might try a few.
    Gun Zone Deals

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    I brined more pork chops yesterday. They're cut 3/4" thick. 3 total. I made some peas, bean salad with red beans, onions, garlic, 1 Roma tomato and spices, and I bbqed enough potatoes to last my wife a few days. I might try a few.
    YOu YOU Just STFU!!! Or I'll end up on your front porch, with knife and fork in hand.;)

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    YOu YOU Just STFU!!! Or I'll end up on your front porch, with knife and fork in hand.;)
    1 chop left for tomorrow. It'll have been brining for about 2-1/2 days. They're so damn thick and juicy and seasoned good. All I do is get the pit ready and rub olive oil on both sides turn it once, flip it once and rub it with olive oil again, final turn and pull it off. Smokey, peppery, messy- the way Jesus wants you to eat pork.
    I ended up frying more cabbage. Why the hell is fried cabbage so good?

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I made Shrimp Maque Choux (mock shoo) last night. Maque Choux is a Cajun dish consisting (typically) of sautéed corn, red peppers, onion, garlic, and seasonings. You can turn it from a side dish into a main, which is what I did last night, by adding well-seasoned boiled shrimp. Served over white rice, incredibly delicious and not too unhealthy.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    What kinda heat are you cooking them at? Searing or nice browning?
    I get the pit hot, then cut it down to smoke and put the pork on. Turn it after 3 min, 6 mins each side. Nice browning temp, but the grill is hot from being uncovered while I burn off some seasoning. It leaves nice grill marks and it gives a smokey aftertaste that lasts all night.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Been brining pork steaks since Saturday. Grilled the last one on hickory today. Having green giant healthy vision veggie blend and black beans for sides.

Brining pork has changed my life
    What's your brine consist of & how much per lb, etc?

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    What's your brine consist of & how much per lb, etc?
    No science to it. Big Pyrex for cakes, add meat, maybe a cup or less of salt, then mustard seeds, black pepper, rub the meat and add water to cover it.

After at least 8hrs and when your ready to cook, pull what you need out onto a plate and rub in olive oil. Cook it half way, rub it with more olive oil and cook it the rest of the way.

I had some beef seasoning that has some sugar and cinnamon in it I got from a middle eastern market and used maybe 2 tablespoons in the brine last time. You can barely taste it but it adds something different.

I had cauliflower with wing sauce and garlic, 2 eggs and red beans for lunch.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    No science to it. Big Pyrex for cakes, add meat, maybe a cup or less of salt, then mustard seeds, black pepper, rub the meat and add water to cover it.

After at least 8hrs and when your ready to cook, pull what you need out onto a plate and rub in olive oil. Cook it half way, rub it with more olive oil and cook it the rest of the way.

I had some beef seasoning that has some sugar and cinnamon in it I got from a middle eastern market and used maybe 2 tablespoons in the brine last time. You can barely taste it but it adds something different.

I had cauliflower with wing sauce and garlic, 2 eggs and red beans for lunch.
    Thanks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Gurkensalat being made tonight so it can sit over night for tomorrow's salad.

Thick slice, not the thin.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    FTR

Pork rib tenderloin and sausage, grilled. Cherry wood chips. Lawrys signature steakhouse, 30 minute marinade for seasoning.

Top Bottom