Lynx Defense

Whats the least pleasant gun you've shot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • veriest1

Do the thing.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2019
    C-Town
    Most recently?

A Smith Wesson 329PD.

From their web ad:
    "Smith & Wesson combined a Scandium alloy frame with a Titanium cylinder to build the strongest and lightest weight .44 Magnum revolver made. The result...maximum power in a small, lightweight, easy-to-carry package".

My buddy purportedly got the 1 1/2 lb 44mag to hike in bear country.
    It's sure as heck not much fun to shoot in Tx hill country.

Hmmm... I recently sold a 329pd to a guy in the Hill Country.

Anyway, I propose it’s one of the handiest .44 Specials ever built. Even with recoil tamer grips of various types it could hit the nerve between my thumb and trigger finger with full magnum loads. It rewarded perfect technique though and found it controllable but not real fast. I decided it’s not what I’d trust rolling around in bear country because, chances are, grip and technique would be compromised. I’ve switched to a .357 Magnum K Frame and plan to carry hot 180 grain WFN loads for bear defense.

The most unpleasant gun I’ve ever shot was a Benelli Supernova 3 1/2” 12 gauge with a pistol grip stock loaded with 3 1/2” 00 Buckshot. It was gas for shooting coyotes but nothing was pleasant about it. It kicked hard, was overly heavy, and the ergonomics were terrible. Basically, it was unpleasant to use from the time it was picked up to the time it was put back in the safe at night.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    What gun have you shot, upon firing made you immediately put it back down?
    None I can think of; although, I have fired some that were unpleasant to fire but that was mostly due to my buddy Arthur I. Tis visiting me at the time and not due so much to the gun as best I can recall. I have had to put down some AKs after firing several mags worth of ammo rapid fire, they just get too damned hot to hold comfortably but even with them, I pick em up again and blast away after they cool off a bit or after I put a glove on my left hand. Nothing else comes to mind right now.

Last edited:

Rowdywayne56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2019
    Texas
    British 303, brother loaned to me to hunt years ago. Scope was mounted to far back and bit me between the eyes. Second shot better.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I cant remember if I replied on here, but the carbine version of the Steyr M95 was awful to shoot from a rest and standing

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Recent memory:
    March this year.
    Mossberg Shockwave with 3" magnum goose rounds.
    Tore the web of my right hand pretty painfully.
    Just a dumb-ass thing to do.

Lifetime memory:
    .378 Weatherby.
    Was shooting at a landfill near Lubbock way back as a Tech post-grad student.
    Shouldered it with my back against my car bumper to steady myself.
    Separated my right clavicle and hurt to brush my teeth or get dressed for 6 months!
    Really really dumb-ass thing to do!!!
    lol......putting yourself against a hard backstop with a hard kicking gun is always a fun time.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    I don't find the Shield 9mm unpleasant......but it is not ergonimic....my least favorite 9mm semi.

I have huge mitts and fat fingers and after 2 mags the bottom of the trigger guard had ripped my finger open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom