• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    My kids still laugh when they remember my antics for one scammer. I answered the phone and spoke VERY quietly. After being sufficiently convinced they cranked their headset volume up as far as it would go, I stuck the phone in a pot and started banging away with a wooden spoon. :D
    Guns International

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    I get one or two spam calls a year. I never answer them but 7726 them.

I Spamcop the emails or “spoof@“. I get 3 to 5 a week.

I generally don’t even answer my door. If I do, they wish I didn’t.

A neighbor laughingly apprised me one day he overheard a solicitor leaving my property saying on the phone that he just had the worst day of his life.

Last edited:

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Fun to answer some of them, hang up and a few minutes later they call again with different ID. I have an answering machine, usually just let them go and 'click'. Unfortunately a lot of ligit folks (business) are using personal number that I don't recognize and I don't answer.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    My simple solution to this - I don't answer unknown number calls. If you aren't in my contacts list, you don't get answered, even business calls. Leave a fookin voice mail, I'll read it (visual voice mail) and decide if I am going to return your call.
    Been taking that approach for some years now.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I had a buyer waste time making offers over several days giving him false information on size of house and features such as a pool. After I mentioned the beautiful ocean view from the patio he decided to stop calling. The time he wasted getting bid offers was time he wasn't making other unwanted calls.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Luckily I have not gotten any spam calls lately (even though I have completed some online surveys as of late - all gun related) but I found a bunch of spam cans. So, I opened one can and had some of it fried with scrambled eggs for breakfast today. Despite the best use by date of July 2021, it was not only edible but quite tasty too. I figure that spam is going to be good for at least a few more years to come - at least if it does not get nuked!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom