• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Do y'all get messages on your voicemail from any of them? I used to, but my youngest (probably 4 at the time) changed my VM greeting. I guess when they hear a little kid's voice they can't or maybe just don't leave a message.
    I always decline any number I don't recognize.
    The only messages left are recordings.
    I always block all of them afterwards.
    Some have called 7 times over the past several months.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    If I get a call from a number I don't have programmed in I don't answer.
    If they don't leave a message or it is junk I block it and delete it.
    If you delete it, is it still blocked?
    Serious question.

I've had blocked numbers call multiple times.
    But, they're blocked, so it doesn't ring.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    When you block a number you may be blocking someone you know that is not in your contact list. These spammers use real numbers that are usually local but not really their numbers. Best to just reject the call or accept just calls in your contact list. Phone company could fix this but they don’t want to.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    When you block a number you may be blocking someone you know that is not in your contact list. These spammers use real numbers that are usually local but not really their numbers. Best to just reject the call or accept just calls in your contact list. Phone company could fix this but they don’t want to.
    If it's important, they'll call from another number.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Some of them are pretty smart in using the same area code, or city prefix where you live when the number is on the caller ID.
    Well that’s how I can tell a spam call. My area code was from where I lived 20 years ago. I since moved and have only two ppl I contact there and I have them save as a contact. Any incoming from that area code is an automatic spam.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I had a buyer waste time making offers over several days giving him false information on size of house and features such as a pool. After I mentioned the beautiful ocean view from the patio he decided to stop calling. The time he wasted getting bid offers was time he wasn't making other unwanted calls.
    Yep. I figure waste their time like they did mine . I read once that the "press 2 to be removed from our list" just lets them know you answered. I now answer and press 1 to talk to a representative then put the phone down or in my pocket. If the TV or radio is on, I put it near the speaker so someone is talking. A few times they stayed on the call a long time . I used to mess with them and it was sometimes entertaining .
    Now I 'd rather waste their time.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I get spam calls 4 - 5 times a day. If a number shows up on my phone and I don't have it in my contacts, I don'y answer it I let it go to voice mail. I'll check my voice mail and if it's a spammer, I block that number.

Top Bottom