• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    A couple of months back I called a local State Farm agent and inquired about home insurance. He couldn't give me a better deal than what I have, but after about a week I started getting texts and calls from insurance companies wanting to know if I was still interested. The interesting thing is they were all from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. It was a bunch too, at least a dozen different callers/texters.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I've gotten calls from people who have been spoofed from my number, some returning my call, others pissed, all clueless about what happened...

I've also gotten texts from some of those spoofed, with the text being STOP...

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I now answer and press 1 to talk to a representative then put the phone down or in my pocket.

One time I put the phone down like that, came back after an hour and hung it up. About a minute later, the guy called back and tried to continue his spiel... that is some tenacious marketing!

I love fried Spam sandwiches!

I make a Spam casserole in the oven. In addition to the Spam, it has bell peppers, undiluted Cream of Mushroom soup, onion, catsup, egg noodles or rotini, and cheddar cheese.

That is some high class eatin!

A couple of months back I called a local State Farm agent and inquired about home insurance. He couldn't give me a better deal than what I have, but after about a week I started getting texts and calls from insurance companies wanting to know if I was still interested. The interesting thing is they were all from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. It was a bunch too, at least a dozen different callers/texters.

Alexa knows all...

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    What I've done at times is to push 1 to speak to a "representative", then immediately interrupt and ask them to repeat their name. After that I ask for the address of their physical location...

They usually asked why, and I identified myself as Detective Rasputin Poolcrud from the ______________ police department on the scene of a double homicide and I need their name and location because they are now part of my investigation and someone will be along shortly as we have questions that need answered.

"CLICK"

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    I have a deep voice, and answer spam calls - "FBI Communications Fraud Division". Mostly I get hang ups. Last week some guy went into his speel anyways, so when he started 'This .. I cut him off "WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED!' He goes " uhh Houston" I replied "Good we have your location, Agent are on their way" and I hung up!

Almost as much fun as wrong numbers!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I have a deep voice, and answer spam calls - "FBI Communications Fraud Division". Mostly I get hang ups. Last week some guy went into his speel anyways, so when he started 'This .. I cut him off "WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED!' He goes " uhh Houston" I replied "Good we have your location, Agent are on their way" and I hung up!

Almost as much fun as wrong numbers!
    All I wanted to do was tell you your car's warranty was about to expire! Sheesh!

Lazyfaire

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    New Braunfels
    My simple solution to this - I don't answer unknown number calls. If you aren't in my contacts list, you don't get answered, even business calls. Leave a fookin voice mail, I'll read it (visual voice mail) and decide if I am going to return your call.
    ^^^^^^ I agree. I do this too. No message, must not be that important. anyone wants my phone number anymore (when REQUIRED!) its 123-456-7890

Top Bottom